McAfee Endpoint Encryption Issues

Achmedsback

Commendable
Oct 29, 2016
I'm working on encrypting hunderds of pc's at work and I have made it through almost all of them with some small issue's. My computer was one of the first and had no problems until it blue screened. I rebuilt the computer (new ssd) and now I'm having the same issue as a few other people.

DELL T5500 36Gb Ram, intel Xeon xxxx cpu

The encryption starts but the agent never finishes loading.

The steps that the encryption takes after it starts are (as far as I know)
agent does something with the hard drive to make sure it can be encrypted
second- asks the user to restart
third-starts encrypting.

I made sure everything was updated and contained the same files that were on the previous SSD (the one that encrypted no problem).
But I still keep getting this issue that it never finishes. I let it go for four days straight.

Any suggestions would be great, thanks.

Achmedsback

Commendable
Oct 29, 2016

Kingston 240 ssdnow.... They are the exact same hardware.
The blue-screen was caused from a failing sata port on the MB. I just unplugged the cable and turned it off in BIOS and that's it.

I'm not getting any sort of error message from McAfee. The process take usually a max of 2hrs and I let this thing go for 6 days hardlined to the server with almost 10Gb/s. I think something was corrupted or prevented the encryption from even starting.

It is the same exact executable file(s) that I used on other PC's that encrypted no problem.

I ran updates of everything from windows to adobe flash, even for the stupid chat thing that corporate pushed down. (who btw are of no help and have no clue how this even works).