Question My laptop fan is spinning faster than usual without any reasoning and I experience Explorer.exe blank error

newbie98

Estimable
Jan 9, 2018
Hello!
I have Lenovo Ideapad 520 15-IKB 81BF. On 5th of June I removed my hard disk and installed a brand new Samsung 870 EVO Sata III SSD 2,5". I Installed Windows 10 Pro on it and all the drivers I'm supposed to have. On the first reboot I noticed one error when signing in windows - Explorer.exe blank error. I searched it up in google and found out that I had to delete the value of Load in some regedit file. I did it and after 2 reboots, the error started popping up again. I noticed that in problem reports I have 2 Windows Hardware Errors which were not reported on 06/06. The first one:

Description
A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.
Problem signature
Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
Code: 144
Parameter 1: 3003
Parameter 2: ffffd0890c0bf5b0
Parameter 3: 40010000
Parameter 4: 0
OS version: 10_0_19043
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1
OS Version: 10.0.19043.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033

The second one:

Description
A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.
Problem signature
Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
Code: 141
Parameter 1: ffffdd8bf3b191e0
Parameter 2: fffff800646f8f20
Parameter 3: 0
Parameter 4: 0
OS version: 10_0_19043
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1
OS Version: 10.0.19043.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033

The thing that made me ask a question here in the forum was the fan of the laptop. The fan is not recognized by SpeedFan and that thing that is driving me crazy is that it is spinning almost on max speed in some intervals. When I hit the laptop over the fan a few times, it stops. But after a few minutes it starts spinning fast again. Tried few things that I found in the forums, none worked (E.g.: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...g/e51a1210-8c82-498c-b45d-a775ee91bc9e?page=1 and a few others). None of them helped. I even think it started doing that in shorter intervals, or it just got into my head too much. I'd appreciate some help, thanks.

Hitting the laptop is a bad idea. That won't fix anything. The error indicating a problem with your hardware is concerning. The first thing I would do is run the Levovo diagnostic. Run the long test (takes a few hours maybe) and see what it says. You can also look in the event log for critical errors and try to decipher those. I expect the fan issue has something to do with a driver. I believe there is a user assist app for Lenovo that helps with checking on drivers and such. You might find something useful from that. A Windows install usually leaves off a few vendor-specific drivers. I find that the manufacturer app helps.

newbie98

Estimable
Jan 9, 2018
I ran the Lenovo Diagnostics Test on every possible thing our there and every test was passed. In the Event Viewer window there is hundreds ot errors and warnings, I couldn't possibly decipher/fix all of them. I downloaded all possible drivers for my laptop specifically from Lenovo's website.

newbie98

Estimable
Jan 9, 2018
Just did that with the Premium Trial version and nothing has been detected. I am really getting hopeless on both of these issues and on the same time furious because this fan got even worse. Now it rotates almost without stopping...

COLGeek

Cybernaut
I downloaded it from this place; https://zamunda.net/banan?id=655393&hit=1&t=others . The version of windows is: Windows 21H1 (OS Build 19043.1052). Windows is fully updated, even with the optional updates. I used intel driver and support assistant in order to install the drivers for the chipset.
This is VERY likely your problem. You can get Windows 10 directly from Microsoft. The download is free. Assuming you have a legal, valid license you just need to re-install the OS.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

I agree you need to do a clean (completely erase entire disk) reinstall of Windows which you download from Microsoft at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10. Running a pirated version of windows it is likely you are hosting a Botnet, mining cryptocurrency (for someone else) or who knows what. Scanners won't find this kind of stuff buried deeply in Windows. If you don't have a legitimate Windows key, you will have to pay for it. Sorry. There is no free lunch.

newbie98

Estimable
Jan 9, 2018
Ok. I reinstalled my Windows using the Windows Media Creation Tool. Explorer.exe error is gone now, but my fan keeps overrotating... Any clues how I can diagnose the problem and solve it?

newbie98

Estimable
Jan 9, 2018
With Valorant on the background: https://pasteboard.co/K7E3Tx5.png
I opened the bottom lid of the laptop, I removed the hard disk and placed the SSD (following a user manual specifically for my laptop) and I blowed around some dust while the lid was open. Then I closed the bottom lid and I installed the OS.

PS: The fan wont stop rotating fast, I either have to turn off the laptop or hit it lightly right above the fan (where it stops for around a minute).

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Your CPU temps are getting quite high (could be issue here).

It might be time to apply new thermal compound between your CPU and heatsink.

Don't "hit" your computer. You may damage it more. This implies something is loose. An examination is in order.