McAfee Founder Arrested Over ''Bogus Weapons Charge''

Status
Not open for further replies.

frozonic

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2011
[citation][nom]northwestern[/nom]The US isn't the only country with a corrupt police force.[/citation]
you are right....those bastard would sell their own mothers for a few bucks (i dont want to generalize, i know there are a LOT of good cops)

classzero

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
[citation][nom]northwestern[/nom]The US isn't the only country with a corrupt police force.[/citation]

You have got to be kidding me! Humans are corrupt, so yes there are corrupt police officers, but to say that the US police force is corrupt you are insane, an occupier, or both. Bill gates or any other entrepreneur or philanthropist have not been treated like this in the US.

G

:facepalm:

This is why you should stay out of South American countries! Sure, some of the beaches are pretty, but if you think America's political situation is bad... ha! He should of had a nice get-a-away spot in Germany, Amsterdam, Greece, etc. not some freaking back water SA country! Hopefully he learned his lesson.

steved54321

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2010
There is corruption everywhere, in the US, in Canada, in the police force and army. The more corrupt they are the more they get noticed that's all.

I have a friend in Maryland who tells me she knows cops that get paid off to leave certain things alone. I guess she's just making that up right?

fandroid

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2011
I was charged a fee to leave Belize at the airport. What messed with my head was that the fee happened to be exactly how much local currency I had in my wallet but my wallet had been in my pocket the entire time.

Unolocogringo

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
All of the Central American countries are like this.
It cost $20.00 per person American dollars to leave Costa Rica. American dollars, Costa Rican money is not accepted. Panama,Belize etc are all the same or similar.

G

do a search, the police are corrupt through and through in Belize, they are in the pocket of local politicians, Innocent victims are arested, human trafficking is rife its a totally corrupt state, just dont go there dont do business with it

nitto555rchallenger

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2009
@fandroid
I was charged a fee to leave Belize at the airport.

A lot of countries do that as a tourist/airlines tax for visiting.

After Channel 5's report surfaced, F-Secure's Mikko Hypponen jumped on Twitter and warned other Internet security founders about McAfee's encounter. "Hey Peter Norton, here's a tip: don't go to Belize."

The McAfee security company told The Inquirer that "John McAfee is a private individual with no connection to McAfee." Consider him disowned.

Yo that's some douche-bag tweets by F-Secure, who is a crappy competitor anyways.

Yeah John McAfee sold the company off, but consider yourselves still as a failing company without him even with Intel's help.

goatsetung

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2010
"His story sounds just as unbelievable"

I wish this were true. But when you hear things like this often enough from different people, there has got to be something to it...

G

Since I am actually living in Belize on the island of San Pedro where McAfee also lives I thought I'd add comment.
There are two major TV stations in Belize - Channel 5 and Channel 7 - Channel 5 has an axe to grind with the government and their reports are always skewed. What they fail to mention is that McAfee had his own well armed private army that had refused entry to the regular police on several occasions. McAfee himself was shacked up on his "compound" with a 17 year old female minor that he referred to as his girlfriend. He had a "lab" that was unsanctioned in which he claimed to be making "antibiotics" yet there were no qualified medical or pharmacological personnel on the compound. Finally, just a week ago Bill Gates was here, he enjoyed his time here. Unlike McAfee he did not go off into the jungle to make his own drugs. As for corrupt cops - well yes Belize has lots of those but this operation also had the tacit support of US law enforcement agencies.

G

Wake up to what you're doing in your life. McAfee chose to live in Belize therefore he chose to support the corruption and lawlessness of the country's police force. If you don't like it, change it or get out.

Status
Not open for further replies.