McAfee: Mobile Malware Almost Doubled Since Last Quarter

Status
Not open for further replies.

santfu

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2010
For android alone - 100,000 "new" per day. If they were genuinely new that is alot of coding, I have no idea really but lets say it takes about a week to write a piece of new malware. That's about a million people constantly writing new malware. It could of course take 5 mins to write, but i doubt it.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
software company that sells anti malwae warns of malwae... in other news. mcdonals warns of the health consequences of not eating a big mac per day// mcafee is the worst software company out there thier code is the most inefficient garbage out there followed at a close second by norton

jerm1027

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2011
Oh for the love of everything warm and fuzzie, STOP USING SECURITY FIRMS AS SOURCES!!! It's propaganda. If you're going to do a report on malware, use an independent 3rd party source, not the people who make antimalware products. The more scared the people are, the more money they make. They'll say anything. I expected as much from Zak, but to suspect it's now a norm for Tom's to hire lazy "journalist"

gerchokas

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2011
After the last article about McAfee running from justice (and the way he did) I just can't take this firm seriously anymore :)

[citation][nom]jerm1027[/nom]STOP USING SECURITY FIRMS AS SOURCES!!! It's propaganda.[/citation]

I agree, but it's publicity* - not propaganda.

G

This just in: McAfee says you'd better buy their antivirus software before the turr'rists getcha...

100,000 a day... In a world with 6 billion people, that means 600,000 of them writing a piece of malware every day... Or if you're like most malware writers and only release one good piece of malware each year, then that would make 219,000,000 malware writers, meaning 1 in every 27 people on earth is a malware writer... It could be your spouse, your parents, your kids... Maybe even your dog... Buy McAfee antivirus, before it's too late...

Can we at least make the distinction that a Windows PC is instantly pwnable anywhere that a network connection can be made to it, and that Android malware involves you instaling an application that you really should've known better than to install? It's hardly an apples-to-apples comparison to lump Windows malware in with Linux "malware".

StriderRyo

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
Does it mean anything that McAfee has screwed up the performance on so many friends and family's computers that I consider THEM to be pushers of malware?

Status
Not open for further replies.