Solved! ME FW UPDATE ERROR / Asus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 12, 2020
I am getting two errors whenever I restart my laptop (a ASUS ux501v notebook pc) and often spend up to 50ish minutes having to force it to shut down just to get stuck at the errors. I'm not sure whats causing it, its been doing it for months now. I'm up to date on all of my updates, both software (as far as i can tell) and windows.

The errors are:

"ME FW UPDATE FAILED, PLEASE TRY AGAIN!"

followed by:

"ERROR SENDING END OF POST MESSAGE TO ME: HECI DISABLED, PROCEEDING WITH BOOT"

it often gets stuck after this second one.

I'm also having issues with my sound crackling (my video will even lag) ever since i updated to the latest windows update, but i'm more concerned with this error.

I was told by someone it was an issue with my BIOs because it is occurring before boot up but i'm not sure if thats correct, and if it is, how would i go about repairing that and around what ball park would I be paying, do you think?

i know very little about computers, but ill give information as best as I can.

I run windows 10 1909.

Solution
It can actually be a BIOS issue. You would need to get and install the correct BIOS from the manufacturer's website. Likely through another computer and then install it on yours.

Should that not fix it, then your motherboard may sadly be in need of replacing.

No way to know until you try to update the BIOS first (or downgrade as the case may be) and if that doesn't resolve it, then have the motherboard replaced.

NOTE: Make sure you input all your computers details when searching the manufacturer's site for the correct BIOS. Getting the wrong one for your device can cause issues. Just because BIOS is newer doesn't mean it works on any device, hence getting the right one from the manufacturer.
It can actually be a BIOS issue. You would need to get and install the correct BIOS from the manufacturer's website. Likely through another computer and then install it on yours.

Should that not fix it, then your motherboard may sadly be in need of replacing.

No way to know until you try to update the BIOS first (or downgrade as the case may be) and if that doesn't resolve it, then have the motherboard replaced.

NOTE: Make sure you input all your computers details when searching the manufacturer's site for the correct BIOS. Getting the wrong one for your device can cause issues. Just because BIOS is newer doesn't mean it works on any device, hence getting the right one from the manufacturer.

Reactions: zairequiem
Solution
Feb 12, 2020
Thank you. i'll run this past my friend who is much more knowledgeable in computer tech than i am and hopefully get the right one. i dont want to buy a new laptop if i can update and fix the BIOs.
i imagne however replacing the motherboard would be costly and would be better to just get a new laptop in the long run, so im hoping the updating works.

Status
Not open for further replies.