Solved! Media player

velocci

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2005
hi all, i'm looking for a media player to hook up to my TV so I can play media files. I'm looking for the best one available. I need it to be able to play at 1080p, networked so I can access it from a computer, play mkv files, need it to play all other video and picture files types, HDMI, remote control, etc. What's the best model out there?

Solution

The best media player IS a computer. It should have a quad core processor, 3 GB DDR3 RAM, External PCI 16X video card. The video card should have HDMI output, onboard GPU processor, at least 500MB internal memory, and remote capability built in, it comes with a remote. Motherboards with built in video should be avoided.
Using this method, almost any player and format can be used. This...

The best media player IS a computer. It should have a quad core processor, 3 GB DDR3 RAM, External PCI 16X video card. The video card should have HDMI output, onboard GPU processor, at least 500MB internal memory, and remote capability built in, it comes with a remote. Motherboards with built in video should be avoided.
Using this method, almost any player and format can be used. This type of board will also have surround audio outputs.
Expect to spend about $1000 if you build it yourself.

Solution