Medium/ high specs and extremly low performace, WHY?

Sep 7, 2018
Hi; I just bought a brand new acer laptop (with the following specs: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1050 Ti, 4GB,Intel core i5 8300H,8Gb , 1Tb HDD... ) and when I try to start a game I have extremly low performance! Also I updated my drivers to latest version, I set my NVIDIA as default for games, and the max temperatures are normal. I noticed when I start the game, uses 100% of my CPU ! Why is that and how can I resolve it ?? Please help. Thanks.

Lutfij

Splendid
1| make sure you're on the latest BIOS update.
2| Uninstall and reinstall your GPU drivers with the latest found off Nvidia's support site.
3| What games are you trying to play and at what settings?

Is that the metrics when you're taxing any game? You may want to see what your idle system resource usage is. I'd suggest you perform a repair install.

Lutfij

Splendid
1| make sure you're on the latest BIOS update.
2| Uninstall and reinstall your GPU drivers with the latest found off Nvidia's support site.
3| What games are you trying to play and at what settings?

Is that the metrics when you're taxing any game? You may want to see what your idle system resource usage is. I'd suggest you perform a repair install.

hunkrekker

Prominent
Dec 25, 2017
i've heard that some i5 8400 will run slow with some motherboards so it might be an issue with the laptop itself,but not sure about that.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
xeroman Laptop General Discussion 0
T Laptop General Discussion 1
A Laptop General Discussion 2
J Laptop General Discussion 1
F Laptop General Discussion 1
T Laptop General Discussion 2
C Laptop General Discussion 1
S Laptop General Discussion 1
E Laptop General Discussion 3
Gurcem Eugene Zekai Laptop General Discussion 1
P Laptop General Discussion 1