Megaupload Threatens to Sue Universal Music Group

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Mega Upload is the worst of the worst, they get people to upload copyrighted content illegally, then they charge people for viewing more then 45min of that content a day. No different then a movie theater charging for viewing a stolen dvd.

pepe2907

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2010
stm1185 if there is no legal service, responding to the demand of cheap /!!!/ and qualitative content, supplied over internet, don't blame Megaupload, for providing such service illegaly.
And excuse me, but f*ck with qualifications as "no different then ... stolen DVD". I don't give a sh*t. If somebody thinks it should be legal, let provide the service with the demanded quality and price. If Megaupload can sell what they sell at what price they sell it, that means they sell it at the demanded price. And don't argue, that it's cheap, because it's stolen, because we all know that a very small percentage of the money, charged for the legal content actually go to the authors, and that they are also not any kind of production costs.
In short - legalized theft is going to be battled with "expropriation" [venseremos] :)

DaveUK

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2006
The internet has unfortunately allowed far too many criminals to find new ways of obtaining money through illicit means. Megaupload and similar sites are different to search engines like Isohunt in that they actually serve the files and host the copyrighted material themselves. This reality is made even worse by the fact that they have tried (successfully) to monetize the process.

I hope that this company burns, and the convicted fraudster who owns it ends up in jail for facilitating the whole project. I don't agree with digital rights holders targetting end users but if it was my business I would certainly be targeting organisations like Megaupload who are profiting from my intellectual property.

QEFX

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2007
I was going to cheer Megaupload on ... given who they're going against and not because I agree with them.

Then I saw who was in the ad. Now I wonder what they have on will.i.am & Jamie Foxx to get them to associate with the no-talent hacks and criminals (or both) that make up the rest of the list. Maybe they downloaded naughty copyrighted materials and Megaupload has proof.

mortsmi7

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2010
[citation][nom]stm1185[/nom]Mega Upload is the worst of the worst, they get people to upload copyrighted content illegally, then they charge people for viewing more then 45min of that content a day. No different then a movie theater charging for viewing a stolen dvd.[/citation]
You just apply crop rotation techniques for what your viewing. There's more sites that use similar systems; Rotate to the next site as you hit your limit, soon the original site will be good for another 45mins.

thehistman

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2011
[citation][nom]stm1185[/nom]Mega Upload is the worst of the worst, they get people to upload copyrighted content illegally, then they charge people for viewing more then 45min of that content a day. No different then a movie theater charging for viewing a stolen dvd.[/citation]
Except its 72 minutes and then 30 minutes of waiting, unless you want to buy an account, which means you could potentially watch 1008 minutes or 16.8 hours of video in 24 hours using megavideo without paying a cent. Your indignation is ridiculous.

southernshark

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2009
I hate MegaUpload. When I work overseas, I try to download History Channel videos and Spike Channel videos which are provided free on the website of the shows. Unfortunately, the site blocks me for being outside of the USA. But MegaUpload still has the shows, only it wants to charge me money for videos that they ripped off for free. These people are scum.

Zeknichov

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2011
Megaupload is a site where people can upload files. I don't understand everyone here talking about being charged to use its services. Download utorrent, visit isohunt and be done with it. Megaupload is meant to share uploaded files, if you want pirated material there are better ways. Don't pay for pirated material, that's ridiculous.

G

I hate MegaUpload. When I work overseas, I try to download History Channel videos and Spike Channel videos which are provided free on the website of the shows. Unfortunately, the site blocks me for being outside of the USA. But MegaUpload still has the shows, only it wants to charge me money for videos that they ripped off for free. These people are scum.

I think you misunderstand how megaupload operates and how such files end up on the site...

azxcvbnm321

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2008
Don't pay for pirated material? Gee, that's the entire business model of Megaupload, Rapidshare and their kind. What the hell do you think people are downloading off of these sites anyway, home movies of the kids playing? Of a random wedding? Of course it's pirated stuff and it's the only way these sites can make money.

Status
Not open for further replies.