Solved! Memory card says not supported

Jul 31, 2019
I have been using a Sandisk Ultra 16gb memory card for over a year on my Samsung J5 and today it says memory card unsupported.. can someone please help me :( all my kids pix are stored on that memory card. Is there a way to save my stuff?
Thanks in advance.

Solution
If the card was not taken out of the phone at all, it is possible the card is fine and the phone is just not reading it correctly.

First try restarting (power off and back on) the phone and see if will read it then. If not, then you can try removing the card and then reinserting it to see if it will be read then.

Should that not work, try connecting it to another device, computer, etc., (the card) and see if that device can read it.

If no device at all can read it, then what is on it is gone.
If the card was not taken out of the phone at all, it is possible the card is fine and the phone is just not reading it correctly.

First try restarting (power off and back on) the phone and see if will read it then. If not, then you can try removing the card and then reinserting it to see if it will be read then.

Should that not work, try connecting it to another device, computer, etc., (the card) and see if that device can read it.

If no device at all can read it, then what is on it is gone.

Solution