Solved! Memory card suddenly not recognized by phone

Sep 2, 2019
My device suddenly can't recognize my 32gb sd card which i formatted as internal for the said device. I was using the device when it restarted itself suddenly (it does that a lot) and on navigating to my files after the restart, i can't seem to find any...

Solution
It is going to depend on what the cause of the restart was. If it was an update to the system (OS) then it is possible the update changed your ability to access the card as "Internal" storage. Also, if there is anything on the device that could be causing issues (virus, malware, bad app, etc.) that could also alter your access to the card.

Try starting up the phone in "Safe Mode" and see if you can see what is on the card then. While you wouldn't be able to see/access apps on it (can't do that in "Safe Mode") it should show you any files on the card.

Now if you somehow, something installed somehow, in anyway reset the phone, then your access to everything on the card is gone for good. So hopefully it is just something on the phone...
It is going to depend on what the cause of the restart was. If it was an update to the system (OS) then it is possible the update changed your ability to access the card as "Internal" storage. Also, if there is anything on the device that could be causing issues (virus, malware, bad app, etc.) that could also alter your access to the card.

Try starting up the phone in "Safe Mode" and see if you can see what is on the card then. While you wouldn't be able to see/access apps on it (can't do that in "Safe Mode") it should show you any files on the card.

Now if you somehow, something installed somehow, in anyway reset the phone, then your access to everything on the card is gone for good. So hopefully it is just something on the phone interfering.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the phone.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable it, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: OFF" rather than on.

Reactions: RickyB111
Solution