Mercedes-AMG Goes Green with Electric SLS

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

david__t

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2003
Before the enviro geeks get all excited, perhaps they should look at the amount of pollution caused by making batteries in the first place. Besides Nuclear power is the way to go for energy security.

Pei-chen

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2007
[citation][nom]kingraven[/nom]"can hit 100kph in four seconds". Guys, that's 0-100 in 4 secs seems faster to me not slower. also the values are in Kilometer per hour, your ratings of 0-60 in 3,7s don't state units (maybe that's the confusion?).[/citation]
100 km/h = 62 miles per hour. If you like cars you can tell just from the numbers what is the unit.

kingraven

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2008
[citation][nom]Pei-chen[/nom]100 km/h = 62 miles per hour. If you like cars you can tell just from the numbers what is the unit.[/citation]

My bad, I just know Km/h and am not much of a car expert :)

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
[citation][nom]jeffunit[/nom]The tesla roadster does 0-60 in 3.7 seconds with 288 horsepower.This car has almost twice the power, and yet is slower. Is it made out of concrete bricks?The GM EV-1 did 0-60 in 8 seconds with 137hp.[/citation]
Horsepower sells cars, Torque wins races!

G

Twice the price of a Tesla Roadster and vastly inferior. I thought Tesla was gonna use some Mercedes parts in the Model S...Mercedes could have taken a few pages out of Tesla's book in return to learn how to properly build a REAL electric sportscar.

G

wonder what'll happen to the car when struck by lightning!
Also wonder how much battery life you get for that HP,
I hope at least you're able to get a trip to the coast or something with it... With a gasoline car you easily can drive the majority of a day without seeing a fuel pump.

Status
Not open for further replies.