new guy16447

Commendable
Apr 24, 2016
So to start from the beginning my friend dropped my computer and after that the screen stopped working correctly so I( foolishly without much experience) opened it up and tried to fix the problem however I had to remove three strips that where connected to ribbons one of them which was the power ribbon without thinking I removed them and checked my computer however I couldn't find the problem so I put everything back in and reconnected everything but when I tried to turn it on it wouldn't start not does it show any signs of charging I've tried disconnecting it and reconnecting, power reset ( I think that what's its called), applying pressure on it while pressing the power button and sticking a piece of paper in there to make it stick better, disconnecting it from the other side to connect it better and switched the past of the strip in connecting but nothing works. Sometimes when I tug it to check if it sticks good it drops of while other times it sits in but regardless it still won't turn on it had gone to the point of the ribbon getting weak and loose. Please help

Hi,

May we know the model of your laptop so we can give you some information or help about it? What I normally suggest is to open the laptop again to make sure that all the cables are connected properly. It would be best to check video guides from YouTube on how to disassemble a laptop because one wrong move could result to a huge problem. Also do check if you're still getting power from the AC adapter. And lastly do try connecting an external monitor just to check if the built in display was just damaged.

new guy16447

Commendable
Apr 24, 2016

Himy laptop is an Acer E 15 all the cables were connected properly but it wouldn't star. I know that the monitor is broken (that's why I opened it) but the laptop dosent show any other sign of powering up no fans or light. It dosent seem to charge either. Also what would happen if I disassembledit wrong.