Metal Gear Solid: Rising (You Can Cut Anything)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

caladbolg

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2010
[citation][nom]HellyHans[/nom]it didnt cut the table.....btu can cut a van in half while slashing the front end?? euhhhh ok It would have been alot better if the cutting didnt destroy everything when you hacked it... example.. you slice the vans hood... but only the hood gets caved in... NOT the whole freking van that the blade didnt even touch..[/citation]
The watermelon scene was supposed to demonstrate that you can adjust the power of the slice as well. Meaning you can chop halfway through an enemy and watch him bleed to death if you're just that sadistic.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
While I am glad to see its coming to the PC there is one drawback we've missed so many games that someone like myself has no idea on what is now going on in the series now. From what I just saw in that video it seems the games are not even about stealth anymore and just action which is a real shame.

coldmast

Distinguished
May 8, 2007
I think it is hilarious that when I played MGS2 I thought to myself "why can't I play more as Snake?". Then when I played MGS4 I thought "why can't I also play as Raiden? (now that they made him cool)".

I think it will be a great game, though I wonder what other wares Raiden will sport.

I'm glad Kojima kept the Watermelons, a true staple of MGS.

G

Wow, the watermelon scene was pretty cool. I've never seen that level of precision in a 3rd-person action/adventure game.

pharge

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
[citation][nom]transsive[/nom]Imagine a Star Wars game that allows you to cut like that...[/citation]

and cutting with the playstation move/MS Kinet.....

woow... that sounds pretty cool.... Lucas... did you hear that? That is what we want in the force unleashed 2!!!!

nottheking

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2006
From what I've seen, this game is going to be a one-trick pony; just slicing and dicing. Really quite a shame, since that means that the thing is liable to suck; it'll grow old fast, once you realize you just run around cutting into everything willy-nilly and there's nothing else to do.

Why are they even still calling it a Metal Gear Solid game? I originally got into MGS due to the heart-racing stealth gameplay, bridged together by a compelling story. Now, it's gradually evolved into just a flashy display, with tons of FMV cutscenes interspersed with largely cheap action gameplay gimmicks. I want my old Metal Gear games back, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS