Mic issue Lava

deepmaans

Commendable
May 14, 2016
I recently bought a Lava V2 3GB Android 6.0. Upon calling the mic is very weak and the person on other side is not able to hear me as the voice is very low and everytime I have to use earphone. How do I get it rectified?

Solution
Since this is a new phone, you may want to take it back to where you bought it. It could be defective.

A few questions. You said it happens when you talk, unless you use the earphone (with a mic I assume), but does it happen when you try using speaker to talk?

If you haven't tried that, then that is what I would try next. When you call them, or they call you, put it on speakerphone and see if they can hear you fine. If they can, then it isn't the mic, as it uses the same mic even when off speakerphone.

Next I would try recording on the phone. Video, voice recordings, etc., and see if they sound ok. If they do, again, it isn't the mic.

Lastly, are you calling just using the regular phone? Or are you calling using an app? If it is any...
Since this is a new phone, you may want to take it back to where you bought it. It could be defective.

A few questions. You said it happens when you talk, unless you use the earphone (with a mic I assume), but does it happen when you try using speaker to talk?

If you haven't tried that, then that is what I would try next. When you call them, or they call you, put it on speakerphone and see if they can hear you fine. If they can, then it isn't the mic, as it uses the same mic even when off speakerphone.

Next I would try recording on the phone. Video, voice recordings, etc., and see if they sound ok. If they do, again, it isn't the mic.

Lastly, are you calling just using the regular phone? Or are you calling using an app? If it is any app, then the settings in the app may be causing your problem. If it is the phone itself, remember that the volume can easily be changed, even during a call, so check it while you are on a call to see if it is up all the way.

If none of this helps, there are apps you can use to check the phones mic and sounds. You can also hook it up to a computer and troubleshoot those as well.

Solution