Mic picking up me breathing but not my vioce

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cinnagod

Prominent
May 5, 2017
So I bought a A50 wireless headset for my gaming pc and the microphone is not picking up my vioce but it picks up my breath. help!

Solution
Tape the mic a few times with a pencil - can you hear that.

Right click the small speaker icon (probably lower right screen corner).

Try the troubleshooter to see if that can find or fix anything.

Then select "Recording Devices". Find the mic (should be the default) and start checking through all of the various tabs and properties buttons.

Lots of settings and configuration options. Could be that some other app has pre-empted the headset mic.

Try other microphone(s) in any manner that you can. Objective is prove that all audio ports, cards, etc. do indeed work one way or another.

Hopefully narrowing the problem down to just the headset mic or something else.
Tape the mic a few times with a pencil - can you hear that.

Right click the small speaker icon (probably lower right screen corner).

Try the troubleshooter to see if that can find or fix anything.

Then select "Recording Devices". Find the mic (should be the default) and start checking through all of the various tabs and properties buttons.

Lots of settings and configuration options. Could be that some other app has pre-empted the headset mic.

Try other microphone(s) in any manner that you can. Objective is prove that all audio ports, cards, etc. do indeed work one way or another.

Hopefully narrowing the problem down to just the headset mic or something else.

Solution

Cinnagod

Prominent
May 5, 2017
I did a troubleshoot and it was sorta fixed I can hear my vioce from the mic but I still have to keep it really close to my
Mouth thanks for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.