Solved! Mic won't pick up my voice but records output from laptop

Dec 3, 2020
I updated windows and since then my mic is making problems, I have tried using external sound card but the problem remains. I have tried disabling all the other microphones in the recording tab and unchecked listen to this device but it didn't work although when I play audio on laptop the slider shuffles but not when I try to record my voice. I have tried both with and without sound card. searched google but didn't find anything,

Solution
an external sound card could be not working because of the 4pin jack of the headset. You might need a splitter, y-adapter

did you plug in the headset really tight into the laptop? Sometimes this can be very hard to accomplish.
an external sound card could be not working because of the 4pin jack of the headset. You might need a splitter, y-adapter

did you plug in the headset really tight into the laptop? Sometimes this can be very hard to accomplish.

Solution
Dec 3, 2020

Thank you, somehow this worked. my earphones jack is 4 pin and splitter jacks are 3 pin. I played around plugging in and out with both and it started working. I am using soundcard with splitter.
https://postimg.cc/Kk3KtSNf

Reactions: helpstar