My micro SD card can't be read on my pc, when you plug it in it doesn't pop up on the file explorer. it has nothing to do with the adapter or PC. also other SD cards still works on my PC, so its not the card reader
Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling the USB driver? Are you using a SD card to USB adapter? Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First uninstall/reinstall the USB drivers.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the USB driver.
- Reboot the laptop once the driver has been installed and it should automatically install after the reboot.
- If it will still not work, do try the other USB ports and see if it will work.
- If you're using the card reader port of the laptop itself, uninstall/reinstall the card reader driver from Device Manager.
- Once the card reader driver has been uninstalled, download and install the latest card reader driver from the manufacturer site of the laptop.
- Reboot your laptop again once the driver has been installed and see if it will work or not.