Microphone not working

FFoley

Estimable
Oct 11, 2014
So I have been trying to get my microphone to work for a few weeks now, and no matter what I do, I can't seem to get it to work. I have tried updating the driver, making sure the microphone was enabled, etc. I can hear through the headset but the microphone doesn't even appear or even seem like an option to be enabled.

Solution
Are you sure that you have just enabled the microphone corectly??? Coz you may have other things attached to your computer like webcam with own microphone and other devices that allows voice recording. In recording tab of the sound option there you can test your microphone. Well I think you already did this. If its not detected by PC then you be sure that you've put the wires in correct port. Usually microphone wire goes into pink port. Try using it in smartphone or other pc.. See if it works. If it doesn't then its hardware fault.

Manu Karki

Estimable
May 8, 2014
Are you sure that you have just enabled the microphone corectly??? Coz you may have other things attached to your computer like webcam with own microphone and other devices that allows voice recording. In recording tab of the sound option there you can test your microphone. Well I think you already did this. If its not detected by PC then you be sure that you've put the wires in correct port. Usually microphone wire goes into pink port. Try using it in smartphone or other pc.. See if it works. If it doesn't then its hardware fault.

Solution