Microphone or headset for gaming

thane108

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2014
I'm going to try voiceattack with Elite Dangerous. I have a decent set of headphones (Harmon Kardon CL). I don't have a microphone and would likely only use a microphone for gaming. I'm thinking about purchase the Kingston HyperX (which includes a microphone for $70), but maybe I should just purchase a microphone and save some $$s.

Comments and suggestons for microphones i(f you think that is the way to go) would be appreicated.

Solution
either combined or separate work just fine. I have a Logitech boom mic mounted to my monitor and my friends can still hear me just fine a good 50 ft away. mics combined into headphones are mostly good for if you plan on wandering around and having a conversation.

oxxfatelostxxo

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2007
either combined or separate work just fine. I have a Logitech boom mic mounted to my monitor and my friends can still hear me just fine a good 50 ft away. mics combined into headphones are mostly good for if you plan on wandering around and having a conversation.

Solution

thane108

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2014
I went with a cheap logitech usb desktop microphone and am still using the headphones I already had. I am also using EDTracker. Everything works great.

Am really enjoying Elite Dangerous, though there is a rather steep learning curve (I've never played this level of games).

Thanks for the guidance.