Microsoft Bringing Xbox Music to 360, Tablets, and Phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
The technology is almost good enough to the point where they could just release something called "XBOX Phone". I think you know where I'm going with that: A Phone, Portable gaming device, Cloud Gaming, Cloud Storage for saved data and recorded content (aka DVR), XBOX Music and other features available to the XBOX. The phones that are out, now, could almost run Crysis, so why not? It'll be interesting to see what kind of hardware they put on phones by time the XBOX 720 arrives, and compare it with Crysis' system specs, then.

beardguy

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2010
Cool, I would love to have this hit Android. I wish it would make it to Windows 7 too, that way I could finally ditch crappy iTunes.

naterandrews

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2005
How, exactly, is this any different than the ill fated Zune Pass?
I love how Microsoft adds that Windows 8 will also be an avenue to play these songs (as if music playback on the worlds' number one OS weren't a possibility before- from Zune or otherwise)

Xbox music= Xbox, Windows Phone and (gasp) Windows 8 support!
Zune= Zune player, Xbox, Windows Phone, Windows 7/8 support (sounds like a rehash to me)

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
[citation][nom]john_4[/nom]No Thanks M$ you can keep your Crapbox 360 and phone and the rest of your Crap.[/citation]

Anger issues much? Whatever you may say here makes no difference to Microsoft whatsoever.

shin0bi272

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
I was watching this on spike tv yesterday and I couldnt help but notice that most of the games looked horrible except the gears of war game. The U3 engine still looks good compared to all the other games (splinter cell, fable, and all those ea sports games). Which is obviously due to the aging hardware in the thing.

What surprised me was that they are still adding stuff to it. Sure its mostly ancillary stuff like music and tv (which baffles me why youd watch espn on your xbox when you more than likely get it through your cable or satellite provider already) but they are still trying to entice people to buy their system a year before they release a new version of it. I guess they are trying to get people hooked on their xbox so they'll buy the new one next year... sort of sounds like a drug dealer...

beardguy

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2010
[citation][nom]shin0bi272[/nom]I was watching this on spike tv yesterday and I couldnt help but notice that most of the games looked horrible except the gears of war game. The U3 engine still looks good compared to all the other games (splinter cell, fable, and all those ea sports games). Which is obviously due to the aging hardware in the thing. What surprised me was that they are still adding stuff to it. Sure its mostly ancillary stuff like music and tv (which baffles me why youd watch espn on your xbox when you more than likely get it through your cable or satellite provider already) but they are still trying to entice people to buy their system a year before they release a new version of it. I guess they are trying to get people hooked on their xbox so they'll buy the new one next year... sort of sounds like a drug dealer...[/citation]

No doubt in my mind that they are releasing these new items/features to the 360 because they will be compatible with the Xbox 720 as well. Basically, they are trying to get people using these things on their 360 so when the 720 comes out, folks can continue to use these things on the brand new xbox.

Kind of a smart move to keep the momentum going if you think about it. But yeah, the 360 is ancient and WAY overdue for a replacement.

headscratcher

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2009
This seems to me like Microsoft just sorting out its branding. Perhaps they are adding new features. Zune is already really good, but with the Windows, Windows Phone, Zune, XBOX, Live brandnames out there, they are probably seeking to make it something more unified and easily identifiable to the casual user.

Status
Not open for further replies.