Microsoft Confirms 802.11n Adapter for Xbox 360

Status
Not open for further replies.

tipoo

Distinguished
May 4, 2006
I'm going to say the N adaptor will take on the 100 dollar price point, while the older one drops to 50-ish. Hopefully they wont be insane/mean enough to keep the 100 dollar price on the older one and make the N adaptor even more expensive!

rcmaniac25

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2009
I hope they drop the price of the A/B/G adapter AND make the new N adapter cheaper then the A/B/G one is now. Doubt it, but I can hope.

waffle911

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2007
No, spending $140 on a severely outdated 120GB 2.5" 4200rpm SATA drive is wrong. It's not just wrong, it's downright evil. Even Apple doesn't sink to such lows.

G

use an old near-by PC or lappy and setup ICS... works fine for me, still get all green bars in both COD's and it's free because like many in here i suspect you have a lot of old computers and laptops lying around... hopefully this idea will save someone 100 bucks.

blackened144

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
[citation][nom]sidestep[/nom]Can someone clarify: Newegg has the Xbox 360 Modern Warfare system including a WIFI connection : IEEE 802.11 a/b/gIt's list on the specifications viewable through this link http://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod [...] 6868105027Is this really built in WIFI or a mistake in either Newegg or my understanding.[/citation]
I dont know about that bundle, but I bought the Pro bundle last year and it came with the a/b/g WiFi adapter.

rooket

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
Waffle911, I wouldn't count on that. I have seen the internals of a Macbook Pro. Makes me see clearly that people who buy those things know nothing at all about computer hardware. Fujitsu hard drive! LMAO! and Hynix RAM but ok I admit Dell uses Hynix as well but they don't use as cheap of hard drive unless you tell them to include a 5200rpm.

Also isn't wireless N slow, something like 144mbit or around there? Feh.. Wireless G is fast enough. Although slower, I can't stand 100 megabit for transferring a lot of large files anyway. Plus you people realize that your broadband generally in this country is only hitting 15 megabit right? How much good will that wireless N do you?..

alextheblue

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2001
[citation][nom]rooket[/nom]Also isn't wireless N slow, something like 144mbit or around there? Feh.. Wireless G is fast enough. Although slower, I can't stand 100 megabit for transferring a lot of large files anyway. Plus you people realize that your broadband generally in this country is only hitting 15 megabit right? How much good will that wireless N do you?..[/citation]

1) FiOS starts life at 15 now, with 25 and even 50 mbits downstream as options. This is only going to increase, why wouldn't you buy a Wireless N router and adapters? They still support all your old wireless devices that can't be upgraded.

2) Local network speed is important if you're streaming files and video over the network. Like if you have a file/video/Windows Home server sending multiple streams to multiple devices on your wireless network. Oh, and you said that wireless N is "slow"? It's damn near three times the speed per channel, and you (like some wireless g devices) you can bond 2 channels together for about 300mbits of potential speed.

3) Most important of all, RANGE. If you have a wireless N router and wireless N devices, you'll experience much improved range, and better reliability.

Status
Not open for further replies.