Microsoft Cranks Out Internet Explorer 9 RC

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bolbi

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2009
[citation][nom]noblerabbit[/nom]IE9 does not work at all with many popular online Flash games. Oh well, perhaps its a sign to quit spending time on them.[/citation]
Hm, I just did a quick test of my personal favorite flash game (Commando 2), and it worked just fine in IE 9 RC. Make sure you have the latest version of Flash Player installed and are using the correct browser version (not IE 9 64-bit).

thartist

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2008
It is nice to have it because it feels like something up to date and much more advanced than IE8 as the Windows 'native' browser, but it's too made for non techies and leaves me wanting too much stuff that i'm used to having with... another browser.

Pawessum16

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2010
[citation][nom]pawessum16[/nom]I'd use IE9....if it had an ad blocker. Back to chrome. Tom's looks ugly with IE9 lol[/citation]
IE9 is actually starting to grow on me. I'm liking the tracking protection and in a way is almost like a built in ad blocker.
Thanks for the update on an IE adblocker jimmysmitty. I didn't realize one exists although I think I'll hold off on a dedicated adblocker until I see how well the tracking protection works.

G

Can't upload video to Youtube with ie9rc. The upload icon is not there!

chaos133

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2010
I'll wait till the full version comes out, the Beta had too many bugs, I was going to report them to Microsoft and that didn't even work.

Status
Not open for further replies.