Microsoft Dubs iPhone 4 as Apple's 'Windows Vista'

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lejay

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2009
[citation][nom]rextrendy[/nom]Sorry, not true. People actually want the iPhone, no matter how it performs. I can't think of anyone that wanted Vista after it came out.[/citation]
Now you've got one. You'll never be able to say that again.

lejay

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2009
[citation][nom]dwave[/nom]Over using i in-front of everything.[/citation]

No...no... That would be apples Windows Phone 7 Series

San Pedro

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
[citation][nom]cashews[/nom]I love reading stories about Apple failing.[/citation]

Considering how many iphone 4s they've sold I wouldn't consider it a "fail".

G

Jacobdrj, what point is he missing? What killer apps are available from the Android store that isn't available on the Apple store? Spike53, are you honestly saying that the Android etc. is more secure than the iPhone? Of course having the apps closed off makes a phone more secure, otherwise anyone can write an app that turns out to be malware or a virus.
I don't want to have to run antivirus software on my phone, I get enough hassles with that on my PC.
Having a closed system on a phone makes sense to me personally, and I haven't yet had any reception problems with my iPhone, it is performs slightly better than my Nokia E71 did as far as reception goes, but maybe the service is just better here in Australia.
Honestly, there is an app for everything I want, and for $100 I bought the developers kit and am writing my own. I do think they need to revise the antenna as some people obviously are having problems, but I'm not having any. They give you your money back anyway if you don't like the phone.
The day they open up the apps to let anything run that anyone releases on the phone will be the day I look for another closed OS. Same as a Xbox360 or PS3, you just want the programs to run without worrying about compatibilty or viruses. For my PC, I'll stick with Linux, I'm happy to experiment there, but on my phone...not so much.

Oh and can we actually discuss stuff like adults? I get tired of seeing people write Crapple and microshaft etc. It is old and makes us sound like 12 year olds.

syriquez

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2010
I will admit it sometimes felt like I had to use scotch tape to make my release copy of Vista work when I wanted it to.

razorblaze42

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2009
Let me get this straight... he's admitting Vista sucked? and he thinks that somehow doesn't make Microsoft look bad as well? “Silly rabbit, tricks are for kids”.

rohitbaran

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2010
Hah, MS nailed it right! BTW, they should focus on their new OS, for if it ain't good, it would be apple's turn to say: Windows Phone 7 is like our iPhone 4! :D

G

This iPhone 4 bashing is just ridiculous already. Its enough now. I have had iphone 4 for 2 weeks now. It is in a case and i have had NO reception problems, the battery life is WAY better than my old 3gs and the pictures its takes are vivid and crisp. Along with a host of massive improvements.

I compared this phone to my mates HTC desire and if I am completely honest it blows it away in every way. The HTC performs like an antique piece of technology thrown out on yesterday’s garbage heap compared to the iphone 4. Don’t get me wrong HTC are awesome, but just not in the iphone 4’s league. Call me a fanboy, I guess I am. This is based on and excellent user experience.

Can i ask have any of you used an iphone 4 for any real length of time? If not, well need I say more?

G

Geez, Vista wasn't nearly as bad as Apple's propaganda made it out to be. It was mostly just a huge bandwagon and confirmation bias.

guzz46

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2010
Can i ask have any of you used an iphone 4 for any real length of time? If not, well need I say more?

People aren't going to buy a phone they don't like just to confirm they don't like it

el_bastardo74

Distinguished
May 22, 2010
[citation][nom]mcforce0208[/nom]This iPhone 4 bashing is just ridiculous already. Its enough now. I have had iphone 4 for 2 weeks now. It is in a case and i have had NO reception problems, the battery life is WAY better than my old 3gs and the pictures its takes are vivid and crisp. Along with a host of massive improvements.I compared this phone to my mates HTC desire and if I am completely honest it blows it away in every way. The HTC performs like an antique piece of technology thrown out on yesterday’s garbage heap compared to the iphone 4. Don’t get me wrong HTC are awesome, but just not in the iphone 4’s league. Call me a fanboy, I guess I am. This is based on and excellent user experience.Can i ask have any of you used an iphone 4 for any real length of time? If not, well need I say more?[/citation]

no, i have not owned an iturd...i'm not going to buy a smart phone riddled with problems

ulysses35

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2008
At least Vista worked (albeit it slowly on most systems) - same cant realy be said about the latest iphone where just holding it can cause the signal to drop so you cant make calls

Status
Not open for further replies.