Microsoft Intros PayPal for Xbox 360

Status
Not open for further replies.

dman3k

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
I guess Microsoft has to support Paypal to make Apple's "innovative" paypal alternative fail. And Apple claims Paypal is just a rip off.

jungleboogiemonster

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2007
I trust PayPal less than Microsoft. And why is PayPal needed? Isn't that why we have banks? PayPal is just one more place for my financial information to be exploited, hacked and misused.

griffed88

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2008
I don't trust sites that don't have paypal as a payment option. That way all my info stays with paypal and the retailer doesn't get access to my credit card information.

So to me this is a good thing. Yet another temptation for me to get a 360, but right now my pc is just fine.

domenic

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
[citation][nom]jungleboogiemonster[/nom]... And why is PayPal needed? Isn't that why we have banks? ...[/citation]

Wow. .. And in MY days, I used to walk 5 miles in knee-deep snow to school ...

Ever heard of "e-commerce" Grandpa?

Zoonie

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2007
WOW! This sucks. I was expecting at least to be able to pay for a gold subscription with paypal.

As it stands today, I just buy redeem codes. C'mon MS, how hard is it really to let us remove our credit cards from our accounts!?

BAH!

Hanin33

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2009
paypal is a scourge... a plague worse than social networking sites and herpes... those that praise paypal must have never done much with them or ever dealt with them and ebay... there is no torture in hell worthy of wot paypal truly deserves...

there's hasn't been a high profile exploitation of their services recently in the news but that doesn't mean it's still not going on. all i have to say is if they loose some of your money or charge you too much for a tranfer or purchase, just write it off. calling them for support is futile...

Supertrek32

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2008
Honestly, I trust a giant mega-corporation like Microsoft with my information than Pay-Pal. There's a reason the company's so big - they're smart. They realize that if XBL information got leaked it would lead to millions paid out to hundreds of thousands of people through a hell of a class-action suit. With all its money, resources, and computing experience in general, if you can't trust MS to keep your info safe, you can't really trust anything.

yao

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2009
I don't like paypal. Besides, giving credit card info to big companies is most likely ok and they don't charge an extra service charge like paypal.

maigo

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2009
You can't delete credit cards from Xbox accounts, why would anyone risk attaching their whole bank to Xbox when all someone has to do is steal your little harddrive

G

I only use PayPal for eBay and small-time organizations that don't have (and don't really need) their own merchant accounts. Otherwise I just give the merchant my credit card. The credit card company let's me cancel any unauthorized purchases, and it's just virtual money (credits) so I don't worry about it. On the other hand, if my PayPal account login is hacked, there goes the money in my checking account that's tied to it until I get PayPal to refund it.

corporal_linko

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2006
[citation][nom]maigo[/nom]You can't delete credit cards from Xbox accounts, why would anyone risk attaching their whole bank to Xbox when all someone has to do is steal your little harddrive[/citation]
Yes you can I do it all the time. I buy microsoft points through the xbox and then delete my credit card from the account so it is no longer attached to my account.

matt87_50

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
Ugh, so you just type in your paypal password instead of your creditcard number... how is this more secure? maybe you get an extra level of protection thru paypal....

oh, and you can change credit card without having to remember the new number! thats kinda cool i guess..

Status
Not open for further replies.