Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center doesn\'t show keyboard

wymand

Honorable
Feb 19, 2013
When I bring up the Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center it shows the mouse but I can't get to the keyboard setup :fou:

wymand

Honorable
Feb 19, 2013
If I press the oval star key (Microsoft ergonomic keyboard) it brings up a keyboard but the wrong one. If I just bring up the Microsoft Keyboard and Mouse program it only brings up the mouse. Yet, the Devices and Printers page shows the correct keyboard.

Has anyone on here hacked the event mapping numbers in the registry to the keys they represent?

As an aside The SR-71 Blackbird is lovingly known by the nickname Habu by those of us who served on Okinawa.
A Habu is a snake from Okinawa. So, Thanks for the reply Habu. :sol:

WVN

Honorable
Apr 17, 2013
I have the same problem. I have downloaded the newest software, but still I can only reassign the mouse settings.. This is really a big headache!!

Any answers yet?

wymand

Honorable
Feb 19, 2013

My solution to programming the keyboard is making registry entries for the keys. This is not recommended procedure unless you are intimately aware of registries and how they work. If you are and are brave I found the following http://xahlee.info/kbd/ms_keyboard/intellitype_registry.html