Microsoft Not Making Office for iPad

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

According to Microsoft's Stephen Elop, "the company has no plans to make a version of Microsoft Office for the iPad. In fact ... Microsoft is taking a "wait and see" approach in regards to tailoring any kind of new software for the Apple tablet."

Translation: "We've got so much money we don't care about new stuff any more. Gold rush? Who cares? Customers? Screw 'em. We got plenty already."

Elop "didn't rule out the possibility of iPad owners using the web-based version of its Office suite."

Translation: The skunkweed in Seattle is particularly potent at this timeof the year.

Freakykiwi

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2009
"big corporate partners aren't interested in free Internet office solutions like Google Docs. Rather, they're more interested in cloud-based versions"

I thought Google Apps was a cloud-based solution?

thebigt42

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2009
[citation][nom]chrisfleck[/nom]Actually a lot of people want to use the iPad for work. Citrix Receiver for iPad allows you to use any windows app or virtual desktop from the iPad. More info at http://citrix.com/ipad[/citation]
Works on the Ipod touch and the Iphone too...just small screens

ailgatrat

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2007
People actually bought this to do serious work??? I figured this was just to give you a larger screen for pron and to watch youtube videos. Personally, I think it would make for a kick ass control center for a home media center though.

Status
Not open for further replies.