Microsoft Officially Revealing Halo 4 This Month

Status
Not open for further replies.

the hedgehog

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2009
Microsoft themselves have said they will never cross platform.

they tried and in all test the pc players destroyed the console users.

Don't believe me? look it up, it's there.

SteelCity1981

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
Damn shame this won't come out for the PC. Can you imagine given the graphics hardware out right now for the pc how much better looking Halo 4 for the PC would be compared to the Xbox 360? What a shame, what a shame...

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
Oh please, Microsoft. You've failed your Halo fans. Port Halo 3, ODST, Reach and Halo 4 to the PC, put the graphics up to Direct X 11 levels and give Halo the attention and graphical presentation it deserves, not on some 7 year old console that can't hold a candle to this years graphics cards.

Not doing this is about as stupid (or worse) as releasing Windows Vista, as bad as it was.

td854

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2009
After playing a fair number of games over the last few years that have switched developers on the same IP, I don't really have much faith in it. Seems like more and more developers are riding on the name alone to make money; and it's working.

silverliquicity

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2010
They got some professional xbox player and some average PC gamer's, The PC gamers destroyed the xbox gamer's because a mouse is more easy to control a cross-hair with rather than a joystick.

+ Pc gamers had twitch reflex's on there side.

blubbey

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2010
Meh. I loved the first one and thought the second was really good, but since I've actually seen it for what it is now (essentially a cash cow) I really don't care anymore.

If they actually put titles on the PC (excluding 1 & 2 of course) it would atleast look like they're trying to make an effort. I'd also love to cross platform with the 360. I'd feed off of the tears.

'maybe even the original Halo on PC (just admit to having an Xbox, it's ok, we understand)'

What if you have both?

__Miguel_

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2011
[citation][nom]silverliquicity[/nom]They got some professional xbox player and some average PC gamer's, The PC gamers destroyed the xbox gamer's because a mouse is more easy to control a cross-hair with rather than a joystick.+ Pc gamers had twitch reflex's on there side.[/citation]
Not only that, but from what I've read more than once in the past, it appears lag (both input, output and general connection) is worse in consoles than it is in PC gaming.

Which ultimately means if you're pitting only console or only PC players, you'll have an even battlefield (when it comes to lag, at least), but when you mix them up, you'd actually need precognitive console players or artificial limits on PC players to even the odds. However, precogs are not that common, and artificially limiting a player will end up annoying him/pissing him off.

That being said, I'd like to see both versions out, PC and XBOX. You just need to make sure players can't mix on the battlefield.

G

They said nothing about an official announcement... just that its a rumor...

anarkeygodslam

Distinguished
May 23, 2008
[citation][nom]JOSHSKORN[/nom]Oh please, Microsoft. You've failed your Halo fans. Port Halo 3, ODST, Reach and Halo 4 to the PC, put the graphics up to Direct X 11 levels and give Halo the attention and graphical presentation it deserves, not on some 7 year old console that can't hold a candle to this years graphics cards.Not doing this is about as stupid (or worse) as releasing Windows Vista, as bad as it was.[/citation]

The Xbox360 couldn't hold a candle to GPUs that were out a year before the console >.<

digitalzom-b

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2011
[citation][nom]hardcore_gamer[/nom]HALO is becoming a cashcow like COD[/citation]

At least Bungie gets to start elsewhere and hopefully make another great title.

sardonicjester

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2011
Once Bungie left, the Halo franchise died to me. Will not pick up this game. Bungie was Halo. Any "Halo" game not designed by Bungie is just a knockoff imo.

extremepcs

Distinguished
May 6, 2008
LOL, yeah, PC vs console multiplayer would be so unbelievably lopsided that most console players would rage quit in 5 minutes or less.

irish_adam

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2010
[citation][nom]sardonicjester[/nom]Once Bungie left, the Halo franchise died to me. Will not pick up this game. Bungie was Halo. Any "Halo" game not designed by Bungie is just a knockoff imo.[/citation]

You do know that most of the creative team at bungie that created halo 3 are working for 343 right? bungie are the ones that made it a cash cow by making ODST and reach, i want to play halo 4 because i want to know what happened to Spartan 117 something i've had to wait a stupidly long time to find out

sardonicjester

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2011
[citation][nom]irish_adam[/nom]You do know that most of the creative team at bungie that created halo 3 are working for 343 right? bungie are the ones that made it a cash cow by making ODST and reach, i want to play halo 4 because i want to know what happened to Spartan 117 something i've had to wait a stupidly long time to find out[/citation]

I honestly did not know that. Halo 3 was by far my least favorite, so this gives me even more reason not to get 4. lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.