Solution
On your old machine, in outlook:

File > Import/Export > Export to a file > Personal folder file (.pst)
-make sure you include all subfolders.

Transfer that file to your new machine and import it.

geomclean1

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2011

there is and i have microsoft outlook 2007, use it all the time and like the features that is why I want it on my other computer.

geomclean1

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2011

i tryied the address but keep getting bad request. typed it exactly like you have written

geomclean1

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2011

Iamtrying again. search going fine so far and taking a long time. was not familar with the name of the file how it was listed and what to use actually in the search.

will let u know how all turns out.

Snowbum

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009
On your old machine, in outlook:

File > Import/Export > Export to a file > Personal folder file (.pst)
-make sure you include all subfolders.

Transfer that file to your new machine and import it.

Solution

geomclean1

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2011

in my outlook,I do not have something called File, all I have here is my email functions, nothing else! this is only on my internet explorer 7.

Supermuncher85

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2010
You sure your using outlook 2007? Because I have File on mine at the top and that's exactly what I used to export my contacts/emails to my other computer.

It might be hidden for some odd reason, in which case try to open outlook and press alt on the main screen, that should open the file tab.

geomclean1

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2011

yes it is outlook 7 for sure. It is under the menu bar which was hidden at top of screen, sure do not know how that got there. thanks very much

geomclean1

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2011

I copied all pst file onto a usb and then imported them to my new computer.

Now that I hopefully have imported those files, how do I enable that program.

geomclean1

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2011

thanks for all the help.
ordered an old microsoft outlook 7 and it should solve all problems

You were not using Outlook before you were using Internet Explorer 7 according to what you wrote, totally different things. I.E. 7 is a browser, it does not have the ability to open Outlook files. Are you sure you were even using Outlook on the old computer? You probably just need to sign on to your web mail account on the other computer. There is no Outlook 7, there is Outlook 2007, the I.E. version can be 7 though.