Microsoft Packing Natal With New Consoles

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

descendency

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
If true, this could be the best news yet.

My theory: A pack-in of Natal will replace a price drop. The only question I have is will the Natal be free for current Xbox 360 owners...

Regulas

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
The convicted monopolist who was let off by the FEDS after MS agreed to cooperate with them on future development of their crap. They now want to stick a camera in your house, whats wrong that picture. I don't trust any big entity, corruption always sets in and I certainly don't trust MS or the idiots we have in DC right now.

Regulas

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
@ demonhorde665
"actrually for teh samereason that , i think this thing for 360 is a bad idea, US pc gamers don';t care for "new" stupid gimicky ( not to forget trendy) ways to control our games , MOst pC gamers and indeed part of teh hard core crowd adn we prefer our classic controls ,( ie: mouse and key board). every pc gamer like me that own a xbox will probably doge this jun k ( which i fully intend to) Sure the idea sounds cool but at teh end of teh day us hard core gamers just want to sit back relax and play our games the old tried and true ways we don't need new control toys, jsut new and good games."

Right on, Ditto Dude

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
[citation][nom]smokinu[/nom]How about they pack a wireless adapter and blue ray drive??? Sell the netal as an extra. I am sure people would be happy to pay 50 extra bucks for the drive and wifi.[/citation]
Not me...
I prefer to use corded (more reliable), and I don't give a flying damn about bluray (for movies atleast... though I have two games which are 3 discs each).

Give me natal!

kingnoobe

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2008
Demon you don't speak for the rest of us. So don't try to.

This might just be a gimmicky thing. Time will tell about that. It might just end up being for those casual things like the wii crap. But it has a lot of potential for even us "hardcore" *quoted cause theres nothing hardcore about gaming* gamers. But that will be up to the game makers as they ultimately decide on what it will become.

hpapanto

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009
[citation][nom]demonhorde665[/nom]actrually for teh samereason that , i think this thing for 360 is a bad idea, US pc gamers don';t care for "new" stupid gimicky ( not to forget trendy) ways to control our games , MOst pC gamers and indeed part of teh hard core crowd adn we prefer our classic controls ,( ie: mouse and key board). every pc gamer like me that own a xbox will probably doge this jun k ( which i fully intend to) Sure the idea sounds cool but at teh end of teh day us hard core gamers just want to sit back relax and play our games the old tried and true ways we don't need new control toys, jsut new and good games.[/citation]
LOL, [citation][nom]manos[/nom]How many games have you seen that need DVD swapping on the 360? Forza 3 is 2 DL DVDs and yet it only needs a 2,7 or somethign GB instalation. PS3 has BR AND HD with all it's consoles and yet it requires installation from most of its games, So enlighten me where along the lines Sony was correct about the neccesity of BR in GAMING thathasnt ben able to evolve normally? ( No movie related cause we are talking about gaming ) . So all I know is a few guys around that believed Sony and waiting for the PS3, paid too much to have a motorstorm for more than a year as a playable exclusive and after 23 years they finally got Uncharted thats the only exclusive that Id like to play ONLY the campain from it due to the fact I have way better needs about my online time. So fo all I care BR not only is no needed but also a bunch of ppl that got screwed. tyvm but I believe we will survive without BR for te time being in the console. It's not just me talking. Its facts.[/citation]
LOL, let the xbox fanboy speak :)

The excuse that the PS3 doesn't have great exclusives is rubbish. May I say that the only exclusive worthy on the 360 is Gears Of War

Metal Gear Solid 4 is approx 33GB i believe, if this is right how many DVDs do you think 'Metal Gear Solid: Rising' is going to need? you probaably need your calculator for this one Manos ;) i bet audio data will be compressed for the 360 version ie. inferrior

matt87_50

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
heh, so now it will be more expensive than the ps3? does that mean every body is going to complain that the xbox is too expensive like they did with the ps3? even though it's because it comes with more stuff??

if this gen has taught us anything its that people would rather pay less for less, than more for more.

most idiots just look at the initial price tag and thats it.

hixbot

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2007
MS doesnt want you to know they will be packing Natal in consoles next year for fears that people won't buy a console now.

westerbamos

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2009
I agree that they should add a blu-ray player or wifi instead of this. I have both PS3 and 360, and while I like my 360 way better, sony did get a few things right like blu-ray, wi-fi built in without a $100 adapter, and also the ability to put any notebook hard drive in it, instead of having to buy MS's overpriced hard drive. I think this would be kind of cool for some people, but i think that a lot of people just don't really care about this.

eccentric909

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2006
Why are people claiming the cost of the 360 will go up or become $400? Do you really think they'd cut off their nose to spite their face like that? If they raise the price, they know people just won't buy it... so why even bother thinking that they'd raise the price? I'm sorry, but neither MS, Sony nor Nintendo would be that stupid, if anyone of them came out with an add-on feature such as this that was being included with the console itself.

gurthang

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2009
Personaly I think the bundling is good idea if it is true mostly because it gives developers additional incentive to support the platform (Natal). Though I still don't get why it would be so hard to run Natal in some form of "emulation" mode with canned gestures that can be assigned to controller actions and saved in profiles for each game. It may not work for every game but allowing the user to at least try would be a step in the right direction.

To me though one of the best potential uses for Natal would be far more subtle. Head tracking when playing solo. If you can adjust the game's view based on your head movments with enough precision and minimal lag your brain can be tricked into seeing the images as more 3-dimensional and personal. (your feeling of "there")

datawrecker

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2009
[citation][nom]liquidsnake718[/nom]wow, is this 100% confirmed? Why don't PC's adopt to motion sensor tech or 'eye toy' tech. Thay can easily handles these type of games especially with superior computing power, CPUs, GPU's and memory....[/citation]

Natal is compatable with the PC. So enjoy!!!

dlux

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2009
I, for one, really couldn't care less about this whole thing. When I go to play some video games, I don't want to be jumping around waving my arms looking all goofy. Pretty much why my Wii sits in the corner gathering dust. I just want to relax and game for a few hours, vegging out on the couch.

ssalim

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2007
[citation][nom]dlux[/nom]I, for one, really couldn't care less about this whole thing. When I go to play some video games, I don't want to be jumping around waving my arms looking all goofy. Pretty much why my Wii sits in the corner gathering dust. I just want to relax and game for a few hours, vegging out on the couch.[/citation]

I don't understand why you even bought wii. You know that wii is all about those "jumping and waving looking goofy" (which is not true). Maybe you got that from a present from rich parent/uncle?

Status
Not open for further replies.