Microsoft Plans Real-Time Phone-Console Gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
To have the honor of paying $1.99 to $2.99 for those games, will I also have to pay $8/mo for an XBox Live subscription? Not that I plan to buy one of these phones, but an extra 8bucks to play games on my phone would just be asinine on top of the phone and data plan also required.

(and please, no stupid replies about how its cheaper if you buy a year's worth at a time, its cheaper to buy your car with cash too, if you can afford it all at once).

IM0001

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2006
Games like Worms, Greed Corp, and other multiplayer turn based games would be perfect for WP7 VS Console setups. Can't wait.

aethm

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2009
^^ Ummm ^^ Unless they recently raised prices it's $5/ month for Xbox live. And I think it's stupid to NOT buy it all at once. Then the price is more like $3 a month. Comparing it to car purchase is ridiculous. Most people have $30-$40 in their pockets. Very few have tens of thousands.

I do get your point though and I'd suspect that in order to get "Premium Features" you'll probably have to have some sort of paid Xbox package.

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
I've always sucked at FPS games, but maybe I'll finally get a chance of winning if I get to play Halo on my PC against someone playing on his phone.

duk3

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2010
[citation][nom]hellwig[/nom]To have the honor of paying $1.99 to $2.99 for those games, will I also have to pay $8/mo for an XBox Live subscription? Not that I plan to buy one of these phones, but an extra 8bucks to play games on my phone would just be asinine on top of the phone and data plan also required.(and please, no stupid replies about how its cheaper if you buy a year's worth at a time, its cheaper to buy your car with cash too, if you can afford it all at once).[/citation]

I may not be able to pay for a car all at once, but I can definitely pay for live all at once.

epkfaile

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2009
[citation][nom]darkchazz[/nom]It would be nice if they could do PC to console , so I could pwn the console kiddies in BC2 and MW2.[/citation]
they tried, but we pwned them too hard :p

alextheblue

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2001
[citation][nom]__-_-_-__[/nom]win 7mobile doesn't even have multitasking capability......[/citation]
Yes, because I'm always tweeting, texting, blogging, watching movies, and browsing the web while I'm gaming. Damn, I guess this isn't the phone for me! Maybe I should get an iFone instead!!!!! /sarcasm

rsg22

Distinguished
May 3, 2010
[citation][nom]AlexTheBlue[/nom]Yes, because I'm always tweeting, texting, blogging, watching movies, and browsing the web while I'm gaming. Damn, I guess this isn't the phone for me! Maybe I should get an iFone instead!!!!! /sarcasm[/citation]

Agreed. The native apps will still be able to multitask (like music in the background and email, etc). It's not a pivotal feature just yet, but it will be updated at a later stage.

bobusboy

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009
Halo waypoint is not a game FYI, its a tracking system for your halo acheivements across all the halo games.

It just unlocks some special avatar kit and personal satisfaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.