Microsoft Reveals its Internal Xbox Live Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]ReggieRay[/nom]homophobia is code for Sodomites are under our protection and to disagree with that sick lifestyle makes you a homophobe.[/citation]
Actually homophobia covers all gay people, including lesbians, where sodomy isn't generally practiced as the primary sex act, but thanks for sharing your ignorance.

chickenhoagie

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2010
Banning for foul language shouldn't happen at all. You should have the right to say whatever you want whenever you want as much as you want without getting banned. You're telling me Microsoft wants to make xbox live more strict than the USA's rights? Its even legal to tell a cop to fck off. and People complain that the US isn't exactly a free country, so whats that say about xbox live..

I love live, but being punished for foul language is stupid in my opinion.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]mobrocket[/nom]At the end of the day, who cares what someone says on their live account.... if u let the words hurt your feelings you are weak and are giving them power...[/citation]
Back in school the bullies use to call nasty names, so I told them:-
"Sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never harm me"
From that day on the name calling stopped
It was sticks and stones all the way

blackened144

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
[citation][nom]chickenhoagie[/nom]Banning for foul language shouldn't happen at all. You should have the right to say whatever you want whenever you want as much as you want without getting banned. You're telling me Microsoft wants to make xbox live more strict than the USA's rights? Its even legal to tell a cop to fck off. and People complain that the US isn't exactly a free country, so whats that say about xbox live..I love live, but being punished for foul language is stupid in my opinion.[/citation]
The situation changes when you spend all day cussing out 11 and 12 year old kids and describing all the things you want to do to their mothers... In the end, it comes down to common decency.. Microsoft as a private company can squash your 1st amendment rights with impunity as they are not a government agency.. And when it comes to banning one person who is abusing their other customers or having dozens of other customers stop using the service to avoid dbags cursing all day, its pretty obvious which course the company will take..

RobinPanties

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2007
[citation][nom]blackened144[/nom]The situation changes when you spend all day cussing out 11 and 12 year old kids and describing all the things you want to do to their mothers... In the end, it comes down to common decency.. Microsoft as a private company can squash your 1st amendment rights with impunity as they are not a government agency.. And when it comes to banning one person who is abusing their other customers or having dozens of other customers stop using the service to avoid dbags cursing all day, its pretty obvious which course the company will take..[/citation]
It's true. They can legally do anything that's in the customer agreement to use the service that you agreed to when you signed up, within the limits of the law.

[citation][nom]chickenhoagie[/nom]Banning for foul language shouldn't happen at all. You should have the right to say whatever you want whenever you want as much as you want without getting banned. You're telling me Microsoft wants to make xbox live more strict than the USA's rights? Its even legal to tell a cop to fck off. and People complain that the US isn't exactly a free country, so whats that say about xbox live..I love live, but being punished for foul language is stupid in my opinion.[/citation]

What most people (including too often Americans) fail to realize is that, our freedoms are subject to restrictions imposed by the laws and one aspect of that is that they may not infringe on another citizen. There are such things called slander and racism.

I think about all the times I've played COD on Live and heard a bunch of redneck morons dropping N-bombs nonstop...makes me wonder how many African Americans have quit playing online because they don't want to hear a bunch of ignorant racists dropping the N-word 3,000 times a day...from a business standpoint (Microsoft's) that's turning off customers who want to log on and enjoy playing some games (as blackened144 mentioned). Similarly as he mentioned about trash talking kids. While I'm not personally too offended by "bad words" (who decided which words were bad anyway?) I'm sure all it takes is some Mom to walk in on her 10 year old playing on X-Box Live and hear 300+ F-Bombs and N-bombs in less than a minute before she cancels her credit card payment to Microsoft and convenes with her fellow parental units to let them know what their kids are doing!

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]RobinPanties[/nom]redneck morons dropping N-bombs nonstop...makes me wonder how many African Americans have quit playing online because they don't want to hear a bunch of ignorant racists dropping the N-word 3,000 times a day[/citation]
Ninja?
Nixon??
Nazi???

G

"redneck morons dropping N-bombs nonstop...makes me wonder how many African Americans have quit playing online because they don't want to hear a bunch of ignorant racists dropping the N-word 3,000 times a day"

Absolutely, zero. Having some sad loser say something over the net that you never met a sad loser ballsy enough to say it to you irl, only brings an amused smirk to one's face. It's usually only a mild annoyance, if anything, and even when it's more it's only because you're already pissed at the loser about something else.

farleytron

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2009
GeneralTechniq:

My wife stopped playing rounds of MOH:AA with people when they started calling her the N-word... because she is black.

If words meant nothing, then people riots would never occur.

Shut your trap and don't talk about things you have no clue about...

beoza

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2009
More games need the ability to mute or block other players from coming over your headset/chat panel, similar to what WoW and other MMORPG's do. The block only prevents what they type from being seen but the ability to mute certain players would be handy to have as well instead of muting everyone. But that would require more horsepower than the current consoles have atm. It could even cause a hit to performance to your average users PC performance. But I would take that hit if it meant not having to hear/see language like that. I'm 38 so language doesn't bother me much, but for parental units out there this could be useful as long as they make it hard for the child player to break the passwords if their parent doesn't want them hearing/seeing those msgs. I have seen alot of games with parental settings that aren't protected and can simply be turned back on by the player. And adding 4 digit code locks just aint gonna cut it!

randomstar

Distinguished
May 2, 2007
People have also forgotten that your rights to do anything you want stop at the point where they infringe on someone elses right not to have it done to them.

Efrayim

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
[citation][nom]blackened144[/nom]The situation changes when you spend all day cussing out 11 and 12 year old kids and describing all the things you want to do to their mothers... In the end, it comes down to common decency.. Microsoft as a private company can squash your 1st amendment rights with impunity as they are not a government agency.. And when it comes to banning one person who is abusing their other customers or having dozens of other customers stop using the service to avoid dbags cursing all day, its pretty obvious which course the company will take..[/citation]

HOLY CRAP! Someone here actually knows how the First amendment really works! The first amendment only protects us from the Government, not private Companies or Institutions. A lot of people make the mistake in thinking that it does....

Status
Not open for further replies.