Microsoft Reveals New Xbox 360 Eite Bundle

Status
Not open for further replies.

thegh0st

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2008
A Red XBOX 360 is no doubt cool but I'd have to stick with the Black Elite XBOX 360 myself. Plus I think that is two games a lot of people like or would just want to try out they are throwing in. Resident Evil is more of a "you like it" or "you aren't interested" crowd it seems like to me.

Maybe when they come out with a Blue XBOX 360 elite I will reconsider my judgement.

G

Crap, and I just bought the previous Elite with the Panda and Lego Indy crappy bundle.

If I knew this one was comming. F'ing M$

Zenthar

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
The games are cool, but I think they should also make a "wireless edition" that would include the ridiculously priced WiFi adapter. This way, people not interested in the games would have something. Moreover, I think it's a bit of a shame that this latest generation consoles still don't have built-in wireless adapters.

solymnar

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2006
That's a good suggestion zen. I second it.

In terms of games. All 3 of those titles are considered pretty much "must haves" to me. So one of the packages net me 2. That makes it a better value. /shrug

I do like the classy black vs. the sassy red. Just goes better with things.

AdamB5000

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2006
At the $400 price point I'd probably rather grab a PS3 than an Xbox. The RROD aside, the PS3 is a better home networking device/HTPC and will play Bluray.

Just my thoughts, though. Competition is a good thing. :)

rooket

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
Ya I never spent $400 on a 360, or any console for that matter. Also white still looks the best. Black looks cheap and red is well, red. Blue might be cool. I like my transparent blue xbox.

RADIO_ACTIVE

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
Are they giving a free month of Netflix rentals as well (cant read the cover). Pretty nice package with the games makes it a great deal compared to its rival. Ahh, but who cares anyway I like games on my PC better.

idisarmu

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2008
I dislike xbox 360s.... not enough to not play them, but too much to buy one of my own. I admit that the controller is comfortable, but I prefer the PS2 controller still.

G

I would rather spend the money to purchase a shotgun to shoot myself in the nuts. IT'S A GAME CONSOLE!!!! Big freaking deal. It's a little box that plays games...guess what...I have a computer that already does that and plays the same exact games. Game consoles are ripoffs if they are over $100

solymnar

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2006
$400 - $37 Halo3 - $54 FableII - $17 HDMI cable = $292

Not bad at all.

Netflix if I'm not mistaken will give a free promotional month to customers on a regular basis so the value of that is somewhat trivial.

I really don't care for the white look as it sticks out in a not so impressive way when layered in with the other stereo components. So the black is a nice perk for me personally. Still to each their own.

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
[citation][nom]solymnar[/nom]$400 - $37 Halo3 - $54 FableII - $17 HDMI cable = $292Not bad at all.Netflix if I'm not mistaken will give a free promotional month to customers on a regular basis so the value of that is somewhat trivial.I really don't care for the white look as it sticks out in a not so impressive way when layered in with the other stereo components. So the black is a nice perk for me personally. Still to each their own.[/citation]

you forgot to subtract teh hard drive cost 120 gb hard drive is liek 130

so 292 - 130 and witht eh eliete bundle youare actually paying ariound 168 $ for teh console its self , given that the basic consoel gost for 199 i'ds say this is a great deal

blackened144

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
[citation][nom]Zenthar[/nom]The games are cool, but I think they should also make a "wireless edition" that would include the ridiculously priced WiFi adapter. This way, people not interested in the games would have something. Moreover, I think it's a bit of a shame that this latest generation consoles still don't have built-in wireless adapters.[/citation]
I bought the $299 Pro model just after Christmas and it came with the wireless network adapter. I would assume the Elite model does too.

Status
Not open for further replies.