Microsoft Says Halo 3 ODST Problems are Minor

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
[citation][nom]tayb[/nom]Amazing graphics != amazing game. For the life of me can't figure out why PC gamers can't figure that out.[/citation]
Most of the best games are on PC...

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
[citation][nom]anamaniac[/nom]Most of the best games are on PC...[/citation]

According to what? Your personal opinion? Review scores? Game sales? I know consoles have two of the three I just listed in the bag.

Call me when a PC shooter sells as many copies as there were pre-orders for ODST. And ODST wasn't even a big game in the console world. I guess you would have what is called a "minority opinion." Or a "vast minority opinion."

ADM-86

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2006
We are aware of the low quality that Microsoft is associated with...but as long as you keep giving us money and for the consumer rights to be violated without any consequence....fuck it, we are happy right?

bad_code

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2009
[citation][nom]anamaniac[/nom]Most of the best games are on PC...[/citation]

also wanted to refer to tayb's comment:Amazing graphics != amazing game. For the life of me can't figure out why PC gamers can't figure that out.

Not true. Amazing games are modable. For example, NASCAR Racing Seaon 2003 by Papyrus vs NASCAR from EA a few years later much better graphics than 2003. I do think that games are better on the PC because of the ability to mod the games. "Call me when a PC shooter sells as many copies as there were pre-orders for ODST" that probably won't happen PCs in the past were for elite gamers just as they still are. Everyone can afford a $300 console, but a $3000 PC or the ability to build one for $1500 is rare. There are many console gamers out there and I can't say they all have good taste in games where as PC gamers are EXTREMELY picky about games. We PC gamers used to make the games #1. Games such as Quake, Duke Nukem, Doom, Unreal, Need for Speed. You used to be able to get mods for free or create cars, tracks and models for games and get them for free until companies realized that console gamers would buy them or they could be used to promote sales. I will stick to the PC maybe one day consolers will get stick of paying for all that small crap and realize it free and better on a PC. Good graphics or not.

FSC

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2009
[citation][nom]manos[/nom]Being ignorant isnt always a bliss. Halo was in the first place that moved FPS to the next lvl and made them so famous on consoles ( not pcs ). So you can keep acting smart when you state something dumb. Even if you like the game or not which you know its called "personal taste/opinion" matter.You keep on counting on a pole of registered geeks and tard fanatics on a gaming website.. very wise if you ask me. Might be 40% which is still huge % and might be only 10%. But that was a pole on a gaming website. You really have to not be using counting phrases the ones that are jokes. Google Michael Jackson's ghost. More valid. CNN stats there. lolFrom a game that sells 2m+ copies first day we know that the obsessed with Halo will strike on the first chance to complain even if their console if faulty or modded or whatever to try to get to play some extra Halo. Other than that, whatever you sell 2m+ first day its bound to have some faulty among your product.And no i dont support MS nor Halo. I dont even have the ODST yet. No time for it ( well not yet.. ).[/citation]

Well the only problem is that this IS NOT A HALO GAME. Halo 1 and HALO 2 rocked the world to the core and were, at least to my opinion something new, innovative and amazingly well made in all areas. Halo 3 was a fiasco (nothing new, illegaly short, self-repeating and extremely boring multiplayer game, story with no imagination, bad voice acting) and that was a hard thing to take in as I really loved the series :(

This ODST, though it has some nice features, I feel is only a way to rip more money from halo fans and actually insults both H1 and H2, thus I couldn't care less if all the discs would be unreadable. It seems Xboxes understands over good games and refuses to play bad ones :D.

vaker5

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2007
Games like Goldeneye made fps's popular on console not Halo. Halo is a fruitball game. Counterstrike is still funner to play than that garb and I am a 360 fan, used to be, before all three of mine blew up. I dealt with so many problems with the giant pile of crap, I'm over it, and it's crappy games.

Clintonio

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2008
So much for consoles being simpler than their PC counterparts. This just sounds like a typical PC issue that the consoles were designed to avoid.

dgsaspen

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2009
Playing the campaign at the part where you finally meet up with some of your people and steal the alien ship where you have to open the door for them to fly through. My friggin comrades wouldn't go through the door. I tried for an hour looking for something I missed. Finally I said F it and starting shooting at the ship with my guys in it. It took a couple of good hits but they finally started moving. Hilarious! Glitch or were they just scared to go in the door?

captaincharisma

Distinguished
[citation][nom]Jakemo136[/nom]What is it with people and the "another crappy console shooter" and "wait for MW2" comments... It's another game. That's like saying "Why play WoW, just play Final Fantasy." Different games. If you don't like "crappy console shooters", don't comment on them. You're wasting your own time.[/citation]

I mainly tell by how many of my friends had an xbox and they keep telling me there's has failed or had to be replaced as long as hearing from the people i work with. so you know a console has a bad failure rate when everyone around you keeps saying how they have to get there 360's repaired or replaced

Halo was nothing but a half-life clone with a different story and still is the only series worth getting the RROD box in the first place

trkorecky

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2009
[citation][nom]tayb[/nom]According to what? Your personal opinion? Review scores? Game sales? I know consoles have two of the three I just listed in the bag. Call me when a PC shooter sells as many copies as there were pre-orders for ODST. And ODST wasn't even a big game in the console world. I guess you would have what is called a "minority opinion." Or a "vast minority opinion."[/citation]
ODST preorders: ~1.35 million (according to a quick Google search)
Halo 3: 8.1 million
Counter-Strike: 4.2 million
Counter-Strike Condition Zero: 2.9 million
Counter-Strike Source: 2.1 million
Half-Life: 9.3 million
Half-Life 2: 6.5 million

Looks like Half-Life still wins. Sorry big guy.

hell_spawn

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2005
[citation][nom]trkorecky[/nom]ODST preorders: ~1.35 million (according to a quick Google search)Halo 3: 8.1 millionCounter-Strike: 4.2 millionCounter-Strike Condition Zero: 2.9 millionCounter-Strike Source: 2.1 millionHalf-Life: 9.3 millionHalf-Life 2: 6.5 millionLooks like Half-Life still wins. Sorry big guy.[/citation]

Damn straight! I love half-life so much I have the logo tattooed on my leg and am working to turn it into a whole leg sleeve

eccentric909

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2006
[citation][nom]trkorecky[/nom]ODST preorders: ~1.35 million (according to a quick Google search)Halo 3: 8.1 millionCounter-Strike: 4.2 millionCounter-Strike Condition Zero: 2.9 millionCounter-Strike Source: 2.1 millionHalf-Life: 9.3 millionHalf-Life 2: 6.5 millionLooks like Half-Life still wins. Sorry big guy.[/citation]

While he might not be right there concerning pre-orders, Halo 3 has sold more than Half-Life in total sales:
Xbox 360
Main article: List of best-selling Xbox 360 video games
The top selling Xbox 360 games.

Halo 3 (10.17 million)[24]

Half-Life (9.3 million,[21][22] may include PS2 version)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_video_games

duckmanx88

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2008
[citation][nom]Eccentric909[/nom]While he might not be right there concerning pre-orders, Halo 3 has sold more than Half-Life in total sales:Xbox 360Main article: List of best-selling Xbox 360 video gamesThe top selling Xbox 360 games.Halo 3 (10.17 million)[24] Half-Life (9.3 million,[21][22] may include PS2 version) From:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_ [...] ideo_games[/citation]

lmao yeah use wikipedia as a source. rofl.at the bottom of he wikipedia pages are the sources, at least post that.

Status
Not open for further replies.