Microsoft Shareholder Wants Steve Ballmer Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

legacy7955

Distinguished
May 16, 2011
YES! Ballmer is a charlatan and buffoon collecting outrageous sums for contributing NOTHING of value .

Bring back a REAL GEEK, like Paul Allen or Bill Gates!

These guys are real innovators.

scuba dave

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2009
[citation][nom]matt_b[/nom]He's not the only person thinking this........[/citation]

Agreed.. Based on his performance as CEO.. It's no wonder Apple is gaining in popularity.. He, and the direction he has been taking/trying to take Microsoft has missed the mark time after time..consistantly. Yeah, I'm kinda tired of my MS stock doing nothing. Bring in a new bull. One that can make Microsoft what it once was, and more.

illo

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2011
yeah i agree pretty much 100% microsoft was the big guy of the 90's since then its kinda been late to the game on everything they produce, with the exception of the kinect.

Judguh

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2009
[citation][nom]sykozis[/nom]Windows costs $100 for "Windows 7 Home Premium" and $140 for "Windows 7 Professional"....This price includes Microsoft Security Essentials, Windows XP Mode (for Windows 7 Pro and higher), and all updates/service packs that Microsoft releases. Last check, Apple's OSX was also $100-$150....but requires that cost per revision, unlike Windows.[/citation]
www.stickycomics.com/computer-update/

Judguh

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2009
[citation][nom]sykozis[/nom]Windows costs $100 for "Windows 7 Home Premium" and $140 for "Windows 7 Professional"....This price includes Microsoft Security Essentials, Windows XP Mode (for Windows 7 Pro and higher), and all updates/service packs that Microsoft releases. Last check, Apple's OSX was also $100-$150....but requires that cost per revision, unlike Windows.[/citation]
This Comic sums up that...

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
Ballmer is fat and happy and over-paid. He should have stepped down 5 years ago and MS is currently in a business as usual state and no longer innovative but playing follow the leader.

G

Unfortunately it is true...his statements is a testament that he is not in the present and needs to be replaced...and soon.....Next up, RIM......

Swindez95

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2009
I agree, get rid of him, while I don't usually like to support a company that has such a monopoly as M$ does over the PC world. I do agree with everything that was said in the article. M$ needs someone who is headstrong into making new and innovative products. Seems like that's all M$ has done in the past 10-11 years is simply revise products to look better, not necessarily perform any better or come out with a revolutionary product like they did in the 90"s.

badaxe2

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2008
He always struck me as a guy that should be coaching football vs. heading a tech giant like Microsoft. Windows XP and 7 are the only things they've done right in the past decade. Then there's Xbox which ultimately, no matter how you slice it, cannibalizes the PC market in a number of ways. It's time they start doing more than seeing what other people have been successful in, then throwing a bunch of money into it with a "me too" mentality.

fir_ser

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2011
Microsoft needs to hire someone young and ambitious, someone who has a business mentality and a comes from a technology background.

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
I personally don't mind him at the helm. He has had his share of successes - Windows 7, the takeoff of Bing just 2 years after its introduction and deals with Nokia for WP7. Sure, some may focus on the fact that WP7 came very late to the game, and some may argue that Windows 7 was a mere a polish of Vista.

Still, I think these things wouldn't have turned out the same without Ballmer.

izmanq

Distinguished
May 24, 2009
[citation][nom]Swindez95[/nom]I agree, get rid of him, while I don't usually like to support a company that has such a monopoly as M$ does over the PC world. I do agree with everything that was said in the article. M$ needs someone who is headstrong into making new and innovative products. Seems like that's all M$ has done in the past 10-11 years is simply revise products to look better, not necessarily perform any better or come out with a revolutionary product like they did in the 90"s.[/citation]

actually no revolutionary product, they stole the ideas from others at 90s :p

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
I don't think a different ceo would have done stuff that much different.
The reason for microsoft's situation is the internet really. It's too easy to find alternative products now compared to 15 years ago. I mean 15 years ago I didn't know you could pick between msdos and something else (except novell, and I wasn't suicidal). Now you know that you don't need a hotmail and you don't need an xbox and you don't need a windows phone (though I have one). Without the internet, things were so much better for microsoft. Ignorance paid their bills.

Status
Not open for further replies.