Microsoft Surface in a New Light

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilovebarny

Distinguished
May 27, 2008
This sounds awesome!!! i hope this works. this is probably the best sounding thing Microsoft ever thought of. lets hope they dont screw it.

johnbilicki

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2006
Touch screen features might be great and all but look at what consumers have available to choose from: The cheapest 17 inch touch screen on Newegg is $469.99 with the cheapest 14 inch starting at $300! At $289.99 you can get the smallest screen size sporting 1920x1200 resolution for ten bucks less then a 15 inch touch screen.

You know what'll make or break Windows 7 as far as my money goes? Customizable GUI where I can get my CUT, COPY, PASTE, and DELETE buttons back just like in XP. Think it's trivial? Too bad Microsoft because a Cut, ALT+TAB, and PASTE take only three clicks with my mouse in XP versus five clicks and what barrels down to unnecessary mind load (like regex where regex is not necessary) to achieve the simplest of tasks. No Microsoft had to make their OS more difficult to use, load things in to memory that needn't be, put unnecessary grind on hard drives (prefetch is a complete disaster) and now they think consumers can't do math? Mind you I'm not criticizing Microsoft because they are Microsoft though because the small details do matter and they obviously aren't getting even the big details right.

Status
Not open for further replies.