Review Microsoft Surface Pro 9 review

Nov 2, 2022
I cannot agree with this review. The Surface pro 9 is the second iteration of the redesign they did in the pro 8 unless of course you count the X. I think it is a striking look. It gives up on the sides and then adds to the top and bottom.

When doing the Geekbench score you show single core at 1633 and the ipad at 1862 but seem to imply that is a large dropoff. Again, I am not seeing that as far away, and even the Surface matches the iPad in multi-core.

i get the detachable hybrid is not for everyone. This design will always have a floppy keyboard until they introduce a hard base again like the surface book.

So, let's recap: good batter life is not far away from the iPad, performance is not far from the iPad, and you get an all-in-one device. Sounds like a winner to me.

TheWerewolf

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2008
This is a surreal review.

First off, the Surface Pro line isn't a gaming device. It's a tablet. There's really only one gaming tablet out there - the ASUS Rog Flow Z13.

As for design - what, they're supposed to change something that works because reviewers get bored?How many versions of iPads and MacBooks has Apple cranked out and I rarely hear anyone say "damn, looks the same as last year's."

It has two THUNDERBOLT 4 ports. That makes it a tablet you can hang an eGPU on. And again tablet. No iPad has HDMI ports - heck, most have just one port and until recently, that wasn't even a USB port!

The display is calibrated and is aimed at artists. As an artist, it's excellent. I don't know what you're expecting but I find it hard to think it makes sense.

Sorry, this review feels like an Apple fan has been asked to review a non-Apple device, can't really find anything to complain about, so just writes an article filled with personal preferences.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
admin Article Commentary 0
admin Article Commentary 1
admin Article Commentary 2