Microsoft Talks Xbox Handheld

Status
Not open for further replies.

scook9

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
there is not an importance for this device in peoples lives.....It will be inadequate and not supply near the experience of an actual xbox - thus weakening the brand name

notice that nintendo never tried to call the game boy an n64 handheld? Or a gamecube mobile

nevermind the fact that this would end up either being a zune or killing the zune, but both devices will not exist at the same time (unless they want both to fail)

goodbird

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2009
i would love to see this. I have a PSP and i love sony but they just can't get things right. I hate the xbox controler for sports or fighting games, and i hate paying for xbox live. I don't care what people say they can make it just as good and still allow it to be free.

KyleSTL

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2007
Yeah, because the Zune has really rocked the PMP market against the iPod, of course Microsoft should try to take on the DSi/PSP duo.

Greg_77

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2008
If Microsoft does come out with a hand held system, I hope it includes two analog sticks. I believe that is one of the most glaring flaws of the PSP, even if its graphics quality is quite good.

Parrdacc

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2008
Oh great. This is just begging for someone to fall down a manhole or step out in traffic cause they were too busy playing a game to watch where they were going. I am sure a lawsuit of some sort will occur anyway shortly after it comes out if it ever does.

AndrewMD

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2008
@ KyleSTL... Actually, if it wasn't for Microsoft, Apple would have never opened up thier music service to have music without DRM. So, yes, Zune did have an impact. Now is it a household name, no.

But also in this same space, Sony is no longer considered the unit to own when it comes to overall value and infotainment.

In fact if Microsoft were to brand thier own TV and audio system with the XBOX name, people would most likely purchase an XBOX with a matching TV and Surround Sound unit just like most people would match up their computer boxes with monitors.

Wayoffbase

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
I'd be interested if it were a phone. MS could out sell the iPhone by doing what they do well: support all carriers, don't be exclusive. There are a lot of games being developed for the iPhone, MS needs to get in on that action, having a supporting console could help.

captaincharisma

Distinguished
it was bound to happen. plus Microsoft always tries to get in every market possible. its going to be tough and they might have a chance as long as they do not let the team who designed the XZbox 360 console do it.

apmyhr

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
Most people don't know that the current Zunes can already play some simple games. So I wouldn't be suprised if they could turn the Zune HD into a portable game player, given its tegra graphics and processing power.

tenor77

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
What I would love to see is for them to take the current controller and stretch it out to put a screen in the middle. Real analog sticks!

It would be cool if it could also double as a 360 controller.

ancientrelic

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2009
"What I would love to see is for them to take the current controller and stretch it out to put a screen in the middle. Real analog sticks!

It would be cool if it could also double as a 360 controller."

I believe that was called the Dreamcast controller.

hillarymakesmecry

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2009
I won't be buying one unless it's huge and comfortable to hold. But then it wouldn't be portable and there would be no point.

Handhelds were comfortable and cool back when I was young and had a fat game gear. The PSP makes my hands ache. I sold mine in 2 months.

nelson_nel

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2009
[citation][nom]scook9[/nom]there is not an importance for this device in peoples lives.....It will be inadequate and not supply near the experience of an actual xbox - thus weakening the brand namenotice that nintendo never tried to call the game boy an n64 handheld? Or a gamecube mobilenevermind the fact that this would end up either being a zune or killing the zune, but both devices will not exist at the same time (unless they want both to fail)[/citation]

Are you retarded? It doesn't even exist yet and you are going off about it being called an Xbox? Did you stop to think maybe that's just the name used in reference, such as "a mobile version of xbox". I'll answer for you; you ARE retarded.

valcron

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2002
Hillarymakesmecry I had that exact problem myself. I found a case that has 2 black handles on the side that you can use to adjust your grip out....Made it fit my hands perfectly. Now if only they had something like the DS. I know handhelds are supposed to be small but they are getting way TO small for comfort.

valcron

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2002
nelson nel....while he was drawing conclusions you just made yourself look a lot worse that scook with that post of yours.

Plus that article itself says, "While there's no solid blueprint for a portable Xbox, Mr. Kim believes that there's space on the handheld market for the Xbox brand." And then goes on to talk about its possible connection to their online service. No matter how you look at it the XBOX brand name will be connected to the handheld.

To sum up my post in internet language, reading comprehension FTW

G

Microsoft ROCKS! When the xbox handheld comes out I will get one on that day for sure!

Status
Not open for further replies.