Microsoft Tells Shoppers to Get Kinect ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

jabberwolf

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
Yes 1 million sold in 2 weeks is faking it jhansonxi .

Where were you when Apple had shortages of their iphone and it took them 72 days to reach the 1 million dollar mark? (shortages but you said nothing)
Oh wait this even beats the ipad 1 million sold in 28 days ( you still said nothing).

In fact will probably sell 2 million in 28 days... but if there is a shortage - of course its fake.

thechief73

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2010
Nothing moves products better than scare tactics.

Hey! Did you hear? All the TP manufactures went of off business, act fast get your TP now while it lasts!

thechief73

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2010
Sorry for double posting but some reason there is no edit function.......

So... Microsoft is saying that they are going to sell out just before Black Fridays and Cyber Monday sales, some reason I highly doubt that stores dont have plenty extra in stock to sell on the biggest sales day of the year.

And FYI "fuss" doesnt change my mind. Good quality, usefull products do.

RacerX0_3

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2008
The bean industry sold 1 million cans of beans this year. You had better buy you cans now because the industry is predicting a flatulence shortage this holiday season. Please. Give me a break. M$ can go blow it's hot air someplace else. I'm not interested.

restatement3dofted

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2010
[citation][nom]thechief73[/nom]Sorry for double posting but some reason there is no edit function.......So... Microsoft is saying that they are going to sell out just before Black Fridays and Cyber Monday sales, some reason I highly doubt that stores dont have plenty extra in stock to sell on the biggest sales day of the year.And FYI "fuss" doesnt change my mind. Good quality, usefull products do.[/citation]

You're right, it makes total sense to withhold inventory of an item that's selling like wildfire just so you can sell it on a different day a week later. You've got it all figured out.

reggieray

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2010
[citation][nom]jhansonxi[/nom]Nothing like a little artificial scarcity to motivate the undecided.[/citation]
Exactly right.

jhansonxi

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
[citation][nom]thechief73[/nom]Sorry for double posting but some reason there is no edit function.[/citation]You can edit it from the forum. Search this page for "Read the comments on the forums".

G

Thank goodness people are stupid and don't think these things through, it makes marketing people's jobs easier. Nowhere in the law of supply and demand does the supply magically increase if everyone buys it this week instead of later.

Everyone rushing out to buy one == selling out quicker

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
Artificial scarcity comes from Microsoft withholding stock, not by being out of stock. Microsoft says they're running out, but small amounts keep trickling into retailers to keep-up the hype. 1 million in 10 days is impressive, except when you consider that a single game, Call of Duty: Black Ops, sold 7 million copies in 24 hours. Microsoft probably made 10million Kinects. If you went to Best Buy and saw 500 units on the shelf, you might wait until better games came out, or to see if it was even worth it because "hey, there are plenty units left". By shipping only a small percentage of their units out at a time, people see "oh no, one kinect left, better buy it". Of course, after it sells out, the store gets another shipment next week, and the week after, and people keep seeing dwindling stock and think "better buy it now". This isn't a Microsoft tactic, its a well-known retail tactic.

husker

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
Did it ever occur to any of you geniuses, that maybe Microsoft is letting people know of an upcoming shortage to help avoid some of the negative press that other companies experienced in light of hardware shortages? Hardware takes more time and effort to manufacture than just burning a bunch of COD: Black Ops DVDs.

kithkarnon

Distinguished
May 8, 2008
At least they saying sold and not the favorite "shipped" (which means nothing). But on a side note, lots in stock here in Canada. Personally I don't care for Kinect, I kinda like to have something in my hand when playing games, controller is the best, motion controllers are the next best. I look at is this way, are all the best things in life something you can hold, lol.

eeide

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
[citation][nom]drwho1[/nom]Run! Fast! M$ is selling crap!I never ran to get a 360, so why should I care about any 360 add-on?[/citation]
Well if you didn't buy a Xbox 360 then you probably shouldn't...

SlickyFats

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2009
I bought one the day they were released because I thought it would be fun for when my friends and their kids came over. that is $162 down the drain. It is the glitchiest piece of crap ever. There is going to be a ton of the these flooding back into the stores and online auctions soon. The Move has this beat handily. The tracking on the Kinect is okay at its best but when it messes up it messes up big. Just steer clear of this until they have better software to back the somewhat impressive hardware.

fans 6

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2009
Heck No!

Windows 7 is enough Steve.

I got wunderbra PS3 with Move and Gran Turismo 5 pre ordered..ahh........

adamboy64

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2010
Lolz... Looks like they're getting worried about it's success already.

kithkarnon said:
I look at it this way, all the best things in life something you can hold, lol.

Hmm.. That's a good philisophy. I like that.

wowohwow

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2010
I don't have an XBOX 360 so why should I be buying it?

From all the advertisements for Kinect, I just don't want to look like a douche in front of my TV. At least with the Wii, you have a controller and you look life half a douche.

Status
Not open for further replies.