Microsoft to Open Mall on Company Campus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg_77

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2008
I am getting the impression that no one works there, and all they do is shop and drink. Boy, I'd like to work there :)

chaosgs

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2006
Thats smart, people make their money at Microsoft and spend it at Microsoft, making it potentially possible to make a profit off of its own employee's.

outacontrolpimp

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2008
you guys (^) sound like a bunch of retards.
the microsoft area has 50,000 people, they want to make things easier for their employees. Obviously its not going to rip off the employees, microsoft treats their employees very nicely.

G

[citation][nom]slickuser[/nom]Apple store is one of the store in the mall[/citation]
lol!
Seemsnot very plausible,seeing that bill gates didn't even allow his kids to have an iphone (or something).. :)

theJ

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2009
[citation][nom]ChaosGS[/nom]Thats smart, people make their money at Microsoft and spend it at Microsoft, making it potentially possible to make a profit off of its own employee's.[/citation]

Yeah that's what i was thinking. It probably doesn't cost them much in the end.

Very smart.

leo2kp

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2006
So when do the Microsoft apartment buildings start showing up? Or will they just start installing cots in the cubes to make it more convenient to be a Microsoft employee - taking away any and all reason to leave the campus. Microsoft is making a little Microcommunity. If I were the government, I would start planting spies within their ranks to find the hacker training camps I know that they have.

Marcus Yam

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2008
With a daytime population of 50,000 people, that's more than many small towns. Clearly Microsoft is creating some sort of ecosystem, or maybe someone is just playing Sim City.

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
They should build that dome thing you could build in sim sity 2000 then ... the thing that looks like a big wine glass in gray with a transparent lid and trees and stuff in .... that housed up to 45K pop far as I remember ... That'd probably beat that huge japanese lcd screen for memorability

Status
Not open for further replies.