Microsoft to Show Silverlight for Xbox Next Week?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NapoleonDK

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
[citation][nom]Chino Fuentes[/nom]@fancyfeasthow...keep being all cute and funny and ironic or some crap.[/citation][citation][nom]fancyfeast[/nom]@Chino FuentesYou're retarded.[/citation][citation][nom]Hillary Swonk[/nom]@gruntlord6"i'm really gay."yeah i know you are.[/citation][citation][nom]fayzaan[/nom]your FACE uses silverlight! bwahahah[/citation]

What the heck is going on with all the insults? I think Netflix and Bing Maps "/explore/" functions are great examples of Silverlight. Is it better then Flash? Not really. Will HTML5 eventually take over? Yes, but it will take years and it'll always be in some sort of beta or draft version. Keep comments on topic, seriously!

G

What is this shit about flash and html 5? Do you not realize they are using silverlight as a developers tool so they could make apps or games for the Xbox 360, Windows Phone 7, and Windows simultaneously. Putting their work on multiple platforms with a lot less frustration and time then previously needed.

They cannot do that with HTML 5 or Flash, so they have nothing to Fing do with this.

gruntlord6

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2010
[citation][nom]Hillary Swonk[/nom]@gruntlord6"i'm really gay."yeah i know you are.[/citation]
And here I was expecting a "your mom" joke. You must be very proud that you can figure out how a textbox works.

gruntlord6

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2010
[citation][nom]dalethepcman[/nom]Silverlight is pretty easy to develop for, and work fairly well. Netflix 10+ million users seem to be a strong push that silverlight doesn't suck. Disregard all the hatred of the uneducated that don't know how to use google or wikipedia.The problem with HTML5 is right here - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTML5#History "as of January 2011 HTML5 is still at Working Draft stage" The expected completion date of the standard is 2014.[/citation]
Flash is terrible for programming anyway.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]gruntlord6[/nom]Its worlds better then flash......[/citation]

wow, and how hard is that, really? it was developed in 96, and how many major revisions has it gone through where the tech has actual improved instead of eroded?

i had a p4, and youtube would make that p4 go to 100% usage. you tube STILL preforms like crap on a quadcore,

polishing a turd and pushing it out isnt very good. [citation][nom]stm1185[/nom]What is this shit about flash and html 5? Do you not realize they are using silverlight as a developers tool so they could make apps or games for the Xbox 360, Windows Phone 7, and Windows simultaneously. Putting their work on multiple platforms with a lot less frustration and time then previously needed. They cannot do that with HTML 5 or Flash, so they have nothing to Fing do with this.[/citation]

how about making the hardware standard instead of adaptable software. that way you get more preformance, and dont need it to run inside something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.