Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyberat_88

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2011
Greetings,

I have head multiple versions of MS Visual C/C++ installed by Apps., Games and my own curiosity.
I have 2005, update to 2005, update to the update of 2005, 2008, update for 2008, 2010, update for 2010 and new apps. and games installing yet new ones, failing to detect existing installations. Is this the Programmers' way of saying F U all or what ? Runtime Libraries are Fixed if you know what you're doing, must be chinese programmers.
Any way to end the madness and keep my programs running ?

Laters. :heink:

Solution
A program that relies upon the C/C++ runtime libraries needs the version that it was linked against to be present. Otherwise differences in .dlls could cause problems.

So if you have program A linked against the 2005 runtime library and program B linked against the 2010 runtime, you need both runtime libraries on your system. It's not a big problem as thes runtimes don't occupy that much of your disk space.

The way to end the madness is just to go with the flow and ignore it. Let programs install the runtime library that they need.

Ijack

Distinguished
A program that relies upon the C/C++ runtime libraries needs the version that it was linked against to be present. Otherwise differences in .dlls could cause problems.

So if you have program A linked against the 2005 runtime library and program B linked against the 2010 runtime, you need both runtime libraries on your system. It's not a big problem as thes runtimes don't occupy that much of your disk space.

The way to end the madness is just to go with the flow and ignore it. Let programs install the runtime library that they need.

Solution

Cyberat_88

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2011
Well, overall I do understand, I was trained in programming myself. I was not refering to an app. installing 2 versions. I guess it's no wonder giving the low quality of people hired for jobs nowadays. I'm old enough to rant and rave ! Thanks. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.