Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eagleshadow

Estimable
Jun 6, 2014
This is all well and good however, how many times do you need to stream cell phone video unless its to show off what you recoded on your phone. Couldn't you just upload it to Onedrive, download it to your PC and use WMP via DLNA. I play Computer based vids on my TV this way. I supposed if you were in a business environment it might be Ok for presentations, but seems a bit sketchy.

neosyspro

Estimable
Oct 8, 2014
Hi there, thanks for the review.

I would like to know, before ordering it, if it is posible to set this adapter in a InFocus projector, IN112A.

This projector has a USB port but I doubt it can power the adapter.

Can you clarify this?

Thanks again

Louis_2

Estimable
Aug 24, 2015
Question: How well do these work with multiple devices? I was thinking about placing one in a Board Room so that folks could project right from their laptops. Will it work with multiple devices?

BAJG

Estimable
Aug 27, 2015
+Loius_2 Works very well with multiple devices. I have used it with multiple Android and Windows devices and it is well suited to the boardroom. You can manage the device using a Windows 8 or 10 app that you can download from the store. It is open without restriction by default, but you can lock it down. Unlike Apple Airplay you can't bump someone off once they have connected so it is a lot more usable in the boardroom (even without a password). Once someone is connected it stops publishing its availability until you disconnect.

For travelling presenters I recommend the Actiontec ScreenBeam Pro though as this adapter has a male HDMI connector but most boardrooms have a VGA or Male HDMI cable to connect to and the MS version will not go... ScreenBeam works with a HDMI to VGA adapter quite well.

+zurchnad FWIW, I'm using this with the Surface and Windows 10 quite well. Some of the pre-release Win 10 builds were not working though.

Jay Tang

Commendable
Feb 25, 2016
You didn't mention that Chromecast requires 2 devices on the same wifi network, while MWDA uses bluetooth.
At home it's no big deal, but when you are on the go, it better if your device don't depend on wifi. For example, when you set up a booth in a trade show(such as GDC), they may charge you $800 or so for Wifi on ONE device.

zardoman

Commendable
Mar 14, 2016
My Question is does this device work if I need to send to 2 or more Displays, such scenario I need to project my presentation on to 2 TVs with one tablet/laptop? No one has been asking this question which I think it would be a very useful ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.