Microsoft's "Mango" Will Be Windows Phone 7.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

beta tester

Distinguished
May 4, 2010
Rotten Mango. Should have been called Lemon.

I wonder whether 7.5/Mango will be the last major update for Windows Phone 7.

Windows 8 will be a complete rewrite, with an ARM port to run on tablets and phones. Will Windows 8 run on current Windows Phone 7 handsets? Probably not.

alextheblue

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2001
[citation][nom]memadmax[/nom]Why don't they call it what it really is: Bloatware 7.5[/citation]
Clearly, you've never used one. I don't own one, but I've played around with them. They're quite quick, and the interface is nice, even though it would probably take me a while to get used to it. Anyone who I've talked to that owned one has like the UI, and has never complained about it being slow or bloated.[citation][nom]beta tester[/nom]Rotten Mango. Should have been called Lemon.I wonder whether 7.5/Mango will be the last major update for Windows Phone 7.Windows 8 will be a complete rewrite, with an ARM port to run on tablets and phones. Will Windows 8 run on current Windows Phone 7 handsets? Probably not.[/citation]I don't understand your point. Win8 is far from release, and it won't run on these phones. WP7 is here now, and runs great on these phones. Why would they abandon the platform?

Here's a more likely scenario. Win8 x86 will go on desktops and laptops, etc. Win8 ARM will go on tablets and some netbooks. WP7.x and possibly WP8 will stick to phones. They may start to share code and other elements, but that doesn't mean that one will replace the other.

G

[citation][nom]memadmax[/nom]Why don't they call it what it really is: Bloatware 7.5[/citation]

Clearly you never used a WP7. Stop making up sh2t.

[citation][nom]beta tester[/nom] Windows 8 will be a complete rewrite, with an ARM port to run on tablets and phones. Will Windows 8 run on current Windows Phone 7 handsets? Probably not.[/citation]

Just because there will be ARM support does not mean Window 8 is a phone OS -.-

Khimera2000

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009

sorry... bloat ware is bloat ware regardless if you can remove it or not... just because a phone easily shows a list of vender applications and makes it easy to remove, while you see programs that you cant install and call it part of the OS... It is really sad.

But hay enjoy your bloatware free phone :D I'll just uninstall the stuff real quick. since by your logic, bloat ware are all those apps on a phone you can remove that comes with it... that or your really lacking in research skills, in which case you really shouldent post such remarks on tech forams... it just makes you look really, really, really dumb.

On another note, it nice to see microsoft looking so far ahead in developing there mobile OS, seeing as where at 7.1 and there already working on 7.5 it only makes you wonder what else there trying to do. Im not sure if win phone 7 will take off as they want, but it looks like a good start for a part of there company thats felt alot of neglect over the last several years.

No matter if it works or not there trying, and that will force other companies to try. If the only effect of these leaks and announcement was to scare other companies into focusing on quality and inovation im all for it.

G

Tom, please enforce grammatical standards on those that post. It will help keep out those who make your site look like a refugee camp for the really really dumb.

cpatel1987

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2010
Resisting brown joke resisting brown joke resisting brown joke...finally the phone is named after the people that provide tech support for it. Crap...I have failed my kind ;-).

Griffolion

Distinguished
May 28, 2009

Um, WP7 runs very quickly and the UI is very simple. Also, the pre-loaded software you may find on handsets is at the discretion of the OEM, not MS.

enforcer22

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2006
[citation][nom]Auditor[/nom]Tom, please enforce grammatical standards on those that post. It will help keep out those who make your site look like a refugee camp for the really really dumb.[/citation]

Speaking of people that look really dumb for what they post.

Zingam

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
[citation][nom]rotsae[/nom]Clearly you never used a WP7. Stop making up sh2t. Just because there will be ARM support does not mean Window 8 is a phone OS -.-[/citation]

They do share .NET

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008

If this is bloatware then I'd hate to know what Android/iOS is LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS