Microsoft's Take-Down Link Requests Still Reside in Bing

Status
Not open for further replies.

vittau

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2010
The reason is fairly obvious, it's just to piss off Google. So why would they bother removing these from Bing?

frozonic

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2011
Damn, leave pirates alone, you are only going to make us angrier and we will pirate even more, if i buy a program (or any file) i can do whatever i want with it, and you can use any messure you want to stop us from using it ( serials, email confirmation,etc) but we will prevail and use our own tools (cracks, oem serials,etc)

keczapifrytki

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2008
It takes time (money) to look over the requests and take down the links. Microsoft just wants Google to keep paying for the hours needed to take care of the take down notices.

pedro_mann

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2010
How about, nobody really uses bing unless they are clueless. The clueless use frost wire or bearshear for their pirating needs. Everyone else knows how to change their defaults. Therefore, whoever happens to manage Bing is pretty much irrelevant to MS :)

sirencall

Honorable
Mar 27, 2012
I think they should never censor the internet, I dont like the idea that I could look for something and I have to depend on someone else's choice of what is ok for me to view in order to see a site that does infact exist, but google wont let me find it. Dont give me piracy and copy law infringement.....my freedoms should not be stepped on regardless. If the site is guilty shut it down through legal means and prove it in court.

pedro_mann

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2010
[citation][nom]frozonic[/nom]Damn, leave pirates alone, you are only going to make us angrier and we will pirate even more, if i buy a program (or any file) i can do whatever i want with it, and you can use any messure you want to stop us from using it ( serials, email confirmation,etc) but we will prevail and use our own tools (cracks, oem serials,etc)[/citation]

Not a very responsible point of view. I just prefer that the various industries move with the same pace as technology, and offer compelling choices for reasonable prices. Also, DRM only hurts the guys who pay.

Good example of all of this is the fact that Vudu actually has the best selection and highest quality for streaming movie selection, IMO (1080p, Surround sound and NEW titles). Good job, actually. But then they blow it by charging more for HD (720p?) and even more for some other made up acronym for really HD (1080p) And completely cripple the platform for the PC. Really? I am a proud Windows Media Center user, so Vudu's platform becomes a non-option. Also, 720p should be erased, and charge for standard tier or 1080p (dropped down to the 720p price) Because, enthusiasts are already salivating at 4KHD, and 3D is also, premium chargeable. So all this really comes across as milking old tech, as well as hurting a willing to pay consumer. And, sadly, this is one of the best options out there.

So to come full circle, can you really come back and say you are losing more then the entire GDP of the planet Earth, to people with the "pirate" mentality, when the real problem is your own ability to produce .

pedro_mann

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2010
[citation][nom]john_4[/nom]The convicted monopolist want to censer the web, F U MS.[/citation]
Correction, "Soon to be failing Monopolist" I might as well throw in an off topic post about Microsoft joining Novell with their upcoming OS release.

Microsoft's former monopoly might not prove strong enough for them to force us into an app store they can milk, for the desktop. Meanwhile, abandoning the Enterprise market (I must admit, I do admire the new back-end features, but, they are throwing the baby out with the Metro bathwater)

walter87

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2011
[citation][nom]frozonic[/nom]Damn, leave pirates alone, you are only going to make us angrier and we will pirate even more, if i buy a program (or any file) i can do whatever i want with it, and you can use any messure you want to stop us from using it ( serials, email confirmation,etc) but we will prevail and use our own tools (cracks, oem serials,etc)[/citation]

You can't do anything you want with copyrighted material you purchase. You are allowed to certain things, like making unlimited backups of copies of all material, but you don't have permission to redistribute them.

Most of the things you buys these days software wise is all licensed to you, you truly don't own it, just have a license to use it to in compliance within the license agreement.

I know its very frustrating for many people nowadays; it seems the MPAA and various companies are pushing all the restrictions on their loyal user base, which only enrages more people to pirate, but your excuse for piracy is not justified and is a reason why we see harsher restrictions and laws trying to be imposed (the wrong mentality).

What people really should be doing is send a message with their wallets. Simply don't support lousy products or services.

amuffin

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2011
Do what you want, ‘cause a pirate is free,
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
Yar har, fiddle di dee,
Being a pirate is alright to be,
Do what you want ‘cause a pirate is free,
You are a pirate!

Status
Not open for further replies.