Mid Range Gaming Laptop

PolRobert

Estimable
Jul 18, 2014
Hi everyone.
I'm looking to buy a mid range gaming laptop. My budget is flexible, going up to £1200 or $2000. I've done quite a bit of research, and I've become quite discouraged about buying any of the top end laptops such as the Razer Blade, Alienware 14, MSI GS60 because the battery life drains very fast and/or they get really hot, or they are bulky in the case of the Alienware. I've reconsidered towards more general alternatives, but still ones with high performance. Here is what I would like:

14-15 inch display
Intel i7 4th gen CPU
8gb DDR3 RAM minimum
Powerful enough GPU to run new games smoothly on medium settings
Combination of SSD(min 64gb) and rotating HDD(512 most likely), although I wouldn't say no to just an SSD 128gb+ config
Full HD Resolution Display
Decent battery life (gaming for 1.5h without dimming the display).
Under 3kg weight
Sleek, quality design, similar to the MacBooks.

Now, I know this is a lot to ask for, but if you know anything that kind of fits this description, please let me know. Thanks.

PolRobert

Estimable
Jul 18, 2014
Thanks for the answers.
@Dasulman, that platform looks fine and seems to be of quality, but I'm worried about the temperature characteristics when really pushing the GPU, since it is "no-name". Also, worried about the screen, its viewing angles more specifically. The customization is really nice though.
@Felipe259, that laptop seems indeed to kind of tick all the boxes. How do you feel about this option http://www.asus.com/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/G550JK/overview/ ?

Felipe259

Estimable
Jul 17, 2014

The G550JK is pretty much the same laptop but black. It's release got delayed so I went with the N550JK instead.

It's not a no name, the company have worked together with gigabyte, using the chassis from this line of products: http://www.xoticpc.com/gigabyte-p34gv2cf2-p-7158.html to allow the customer more customisation. It's a solid laptop. All gaming laptops get hot under load, unless its the Asus ROG and they weigh about 4.2KG.