Minecraft Coming to Android Devices This Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
[citation][nom]kilo_17[/nom]I'd like to see Minecraft become available via Steam[/citation]
notch has a good reason as to why its not on steam... valve won't allow updates to steam users the same way, and he doesnt want to separate the community... he's been talking to valve for a solution, but it looks grim

G

This is going to be awesome plz tell mme it will work on HTC desire be =D

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
Here's to hoping that Microsoft patent of a modular phone can produce a gamer's phone in the future.

Then the Minecraft experience will be perfect.

Darkerson

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
[citation][nom]eklipz330[/nom]notch has a good reason as to why its not on steam... valve won't allow updates to steam users the same way, and he doesnt want to separate the community... he's been talking to valve for a solution, but it looks grim[/citation]
I think he should choose Desura until he can get Steam to lighten up some. Desura seems a lot more laid back about those sort of restrictions he is having issues with Steam, and they have a hell of an Indie Game selection, with stuff like Project Zomboid & Survivors of Ragnarök on the roster. It would seem like a nice fit, considering, although it wouldnt make as many sales as he would get on Steam.

N.Broekhuijsen

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
YESS!!
I've been waiting long for this. I have to say, team Mojang is probably one of my alltime favourite game developers.

I've been playing sooo much minecraft on my PC.
Even have a 24/7 server running now, with some friends. (PM me if you want to join whilst we wait for this android version).

Kudos to Mojang!

rosen380

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2011
"If I already own it do I have to buy it again?"

If you buy the PS3 version of a game, do they throw in the 360 and and PC versions?

kittle

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2005
he will have something why my android device can connect to the minecraft server running on my friend's PC.

Until then - interesting concept.

G

"I think he should choose Desura until he can get Steam to lighten up some. Desura seems a lot more laid back about those sort of restrictions he is having issues with Steam, and they have a hell of an Indie Game selection, with stuff like Project Zomboid & Survivors of Ragnarök on the roster. It would seem like a nice fit, considering, although it wouldnt make as many sales as he would get on Steam. "

Just NO. It's bad enough with EA rolling out Origin. No one wants to have half a dozen logins just to be able to play various games because companies feel the need to either make their own distribution platform or decide not to use Steam. He should leave it as it is.

G

I believe that this version will continue the trend that the pc version started.... Like start with classic and then eventually move on to survival and adventure... Also.. It will constantly be updated like the pc version.... As a plus.... Crafting is also going to be a feature soon after the release

Status
Not open for further replies.