Solved! Mini PC Hystou Warranty SSD

Jun 21, 2018
I bought a Hystou mini PC 12 months ago. It is of a high spec however the SSD has failed after just 12 months.
Not to worry I thought because it is covered by a three year warranty. I got in touch with Jacy Yang who I bought it from.
Surprise-surprise, we exchanged a couple of e mails then she ignored me.
What sort of Micky Mouse outfit are Hystou and why do they employ people

Solution
I suggest you go over here head to higher management. Being an obsolete product isn't an excuse to circumvent a Warranty; well at least it isn't in the UK.

An unscrupulous manufactrer, on being aware of a dud batch, could invalidate Warranties and guarantees simply by stating the product to be obsolete.
Jun 21, 2018
Hi. Thanks for your answer. The SSD is a SanDisk SDSA5BK 128
I can't see anything on the SSD which might indicate date of manufacture.
I can't find one of these SSD on the internet so I assume it is obsolete. Maybe that is why Jacy Yang ignored me because she could not find a replacement?

Thank you, Justin

I suggest you go over here head to higher management. Being an obsolete product isn't an excuse to circumvent a Warranty; well at least it isn't in the UK.

An unscrupulous manufactrer, on being aware of a dud batch, could invalidate Warranties and guarantees simply by stating the product to be obsolete.

Solution
Jun 21, 2018
I agree, I think it’s disgusting behaviour. They should not be in business or at least pay a heavy penalty for being so unscrupulous.

I’m not sure what you mean about higher management.

Someone in the company further up the food chain than someone who answers the customer service phone line and tries to fend the customer off. Even if you ring back and get the same person, the mention of the Chief Executive might shake her up a bit.