Question (Mini ) Stick Pc for Linux and trainings

Aug 3, 2021
Hi everyone,

I've been quite curious and I would be interested tob buy a stick pc or mini stick pc as I need a second pc or device for Linux environnement basis, and try some developpement that I am studying currently,

I would be delighted to read some information and performance details about this device, so be my guess
I live in Paris .

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

I've been quite curious and I would be interested tob buy a stick pc or mini stick pc as I need a second pc or device for Linux environnement basis, and try some developpement that I am studying currently,

I would be delighted to read some information and performance details about this device, so be my guess
I live in Paris .

Thanks

Performance, they are slow, can't put a very fast CPU or lots of RAM on a stick computer. But for basic tasks, it will be fine. Personally I would use a good quality older laptop with good Linux support, the Lenovo T models are great for this, cheap, reliable, Lunux loves them T430 models are probably the best ones to get, maybe 440, for the price/performance.

Aug 3, 2021
Performance, they are slow, can't put a very fast CPU or lots of RAM on a stick computer. But for basic tasks, it will be fine. Personally I would use a good quality older laptop with good Linux support, the Lenovo T models are great for this, cheap, reliable, Lunux loves them T430 models are probably the best ones to get, maybe 440, for the price/performance.

Hi, thank you for your reply :) , is the performance poor even for the latests and increased / expensive models in the market as well? I'll take a look for your advices thought.

Hi, thank you for your reply :) , is the performance poor even for the latests and increased / expensive models in the market as well? I'll take a look for your advices thought.

I have not seen a PC on a stick that I would get past for things like streaming or light use, even new, there is simply a limit on how fast they can get right now till there is another jump or two in CPU speed to size and heat capability. For programming and learning things on Linux I would get a laptop or a desktop.