Mirrilis action home and commercial versions?

Scuttx

Estimable
Sep 6, 2015
So, I'm thinking of buying a recording software and right now action is in the lead, by a lot. But the problem is the price, it's 50 dollars for the commercial use, and I plan on making money(in the future at least). That kind of seems like a "scam" to me. What I mean is they say they will blacklist your serial number, but how? I don't really know why some guy couldn't just buy home use and upload it to youtube and make money. They would have no idea. It just doesn't make sense to me, can someone explain this to me?

Solution
Well you can always upgrade to commercial providing you can get enough of a following base to actually make any Youtube money. You can plan on it, but that doesn't mean it will happen.

As for them knowing, they probably have their ways. And if they don't, then you're defrauding them as you are agreeing with the home edition to not use it for any monetary purchases and if you do end up a youtube hit and make thousands a month, and don't want to pay $30 more, well.
Well you can always upgrade to commercial providing you can get enough of a following base to actually make any Youtube money. You can plan on it, but that doesn't mean it will happen.

As for them knowing, they probably have their ways. And if they don't, then you're defrauding them as you are agreeing with the home edition to not use it for any monetary purchases and if you do end up a youtube hit and make thousands a month, and don't want to pay $30 more, well.

Solution

Scuttx

Estimable
Sep 6, 2015

You have a point. It probably will never happen, but even if I monetize with 2 views I'll still make something, I hope. To upgrade to I have to pay full price?

Scuttx

Estimable
Sep 6, 2015

Thank you.