Misspelled users name in C: Drive

tmleafs515

Prominent
Aug 16, 2017
I got a new laptop and the C: drive users name is misspelled. Is there any way to fix this?

Thanks for your help!

Nerdy Nerd

Commendable
Mar 19, 2016
Go to computer, then look for your drives, then just click once on the C drive, don;t open it, then right click on that drive and then select rename. Then just correct the name to what you think it should be.

tmleafs515

Prominent
Aug 16, 2017

In file explorer, I go to desktop-C: drive-users then in there, there is my misspelled folder and another folder called public. When I right click on my misspelled user there is no rename option.

tmleafs515

Prominent
Aug 16, 2017

How do I do this excatly

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
V Laptop Tech Support 3
A Laptop Tech Support 3
K Laptop Tech Support 2
C Laptop Tech Support 2
Paul Wagenseil Laptop Tech Support 0
Colif Laptop Tech Support 0
X Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 0
R Laptop Tech Support 3
W Laptop Tech Support 1
snowctrl Laptop Tech Support 5
A Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 1
G Laptop Tech Support 3
S Laptop Tech Support 1
P Laptop Tech Support 2
M Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 1
Similar threads
Question I have a Toshiba C50-A0413. I set up the bios passwords from the user HDD/SSD AND SUPERVISOR. Now SUPERVISOR and other settings are greyed out
Solved! SOLVED Stuck on welcome screen windows 10 for 1 user
Solved! I can't log into laptop after Win 10 Update. User service profile error!
Solved! is there a way to gain access to my Toshiba Satellite L455-S597 if i don't remember the user password?
News Hey, Windows 7 and XP Users -- You Need to Patch Now
Info Laptop Tech Support - Useful links for users
I just bought a new ACER Aspire Cloudbook 14,i forgot to bring the manual that will tell me how to set the first user name and
How to Add a Guest User in your MacBook Pro
Solved! Help build PC for Multi-user VR Gaming via Virtualization
I bought a new laptop and upon reopening it it responded; your computer is running low due to scarce resource so no new user c
Windows 10 hiding users at login
My new hp laptop is stuck and it is not showing user login screen
Solved! My acre es1-533 won’t log in to windows I get to the user log in page but when I click to type password it jumps back to the
well there are two user accounts
My laptop touch screen stopped working suddenly.. I have tried all the settings from human user interface and restart. But doe
If I send my laptop for warranty, Will they be able to access my user without the password?
I forgot my HDD user password
User interface a stopped working
Screen saying the user profile service failed the login user profile cannot be loaded
WiFi will not stay on

ASK THE COMMUNITY